Orbit Hose Water Timer displaying time in UTC instead of local time

I noticed my timer wasn't displaying the correct time. Removed batteries. When I inserted batteries, it came back on with "1 pm" until it resynched with HE, then it displayed UTC time instead of my local timezone (PDT -7). Anyone else having this issue? I'm using the official driver. After doing this, I turned on debug logging and hit Configure then, after a while, Refresh. That didn't fix the clock. Logs below.

1 Like

I notice my time was off on mine too and but haven't had time to dig into it .. I do need to replace the batteries too.

1 Like

Time is off on mine. Works fine otherwise. Using native driver.

2 Likes

@bravenel Looks like there’s a minor bug in this driver. Could it be queued up for an eventual fix? Thanks

1 Like

We will look into it.

3 Likes

Can all of you verify what your time zone is set to on the hub? (settings, location and modes)

@mike.maxwell US/Pacific

OK, I don't know what the device is doing with the time once received, but the driver is sending it in the hub's local time zone.

@mike.maxwell
According to Diagnostic tool my local time is in GMT. Yet in Hub Details it is showing CDT ( my actual time )
There is something funky on the Hubitat end.

The diagnostic tool indicates current time, not local time. And yes, current time is displayed in GMT. At least for both of my Hubs, this translates perfectly. The local time is 07:05 CDT, which is 12:05 GMT.

Untitled

By the time I snapped a screenshot, time had advanced by a minute ....

I understand that. But the Hubitat is sending the GMT to the Orbit Hose Valves. It is not sending the local time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.