Operating two Hubitat Hubs from one phone

I have installed two Hubitat Hubs in my home and included some devices in one and some in the other.

On the PC I can access each Hub separately by their local IP addresses and do all the usual operations on the PC interface.

I have made dashboards from each Hub and am able to see these dashboards in the Hubitat App on the phone but only the devices of one hub appear on the Hubitat App in the dashboards created from the two hubs. The devices which appear are the ones from the first hub which I had installed.

So I would like to ask if it is possible to control the two hubs from a single phone?

If so what possibly is the cause of the error in my setup and how can I resolve that?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Can always use the browser interface on your phone, but in the app you can change hubs by clicking Settings|Select Hub (may have to scroll down to see it).

to switch hubs, at the bottom of the app, click settings then select hub.

2 Likes

Thanks very much.
Will try this.

Have you thought of sharing devices to one of the hubs? That way, you donโ€™t need to worry about changing hubs.

3 Likes

I have a total of four hubs: three at home (one in each of three buildings) and one at my wife's shop a couple of miles away. I haven't set up a mesh because I haven't seen a need and don't want to manage the mesh itself. Here's what I do to solve this:

Set up a dashboard for each hub that can connect through the cloud, that contains all the devices you normally want to view and control. Note that if you only want to control things when at home you don't need a cloud connection, but for me that was just more convenient.

Create a shortcut icon on your phone for each of these dashboards (so, in my case, four icons are created: House, Studio, Office, Shop).

Group them all together on your phone to make it easy to find them, and you're done.

Do as you wish, but this makes it very easy for me to view or control whatever I want, from anywhere I can access the internet.

I tried the procedure listed below and it worked.
However, what you are saying is that I keep all the devices on one hub?
Or do you mean sharing the devices on both the hubs? It is possible to register the same device on two hubs simultaneously? If so then I do this also.....

Good idea!
I will definitely do this :+1:

1 Like

With Hub Mesh, you can share devices to multiple hubs. I have 2 main hubs and use Hub Mesh to do exactly this.

Thank you. Will use this method. :+1:

1 Like

If it's of any use....
In terms of notifications and mobile devices in the app, I have started setting up my mobile devices as shared devices using Hub Mesh to allow notifications to come through. Here's the thread where I talk about this and what I have setup so far:

This only allows me to choose mobile devices.

got it working here if you have android

Would this work to have the same phone logged into two hubs at once?