Would this work to have the same phone logged into two hubs at once?

I guess not since hubitat is not an avail App. But maybe it can be tweaked to allow it?

What would that do versus going to the Settings in the phone app, and switching hubs? Seems like the same results?

Having two separate instances of the app might be more useful, but that would take some modification of the stock app.

Its so app level notifications would work from both hubs automatically with no opening of the apps or intervention.

I have started to use Pushover for notifications and it works great. Will work from all my hubs. Before that, I would use hub mesh to share the device from the logged-in hub to the other.

I use email which is fine but like to have a free backup method.

1 Like

I think this is a great feature request, but the logistics probably will be tricky to be logged into two hubs at once.

I wonder though if you could send notifications from one hub via Hubmesh to another somehow?(haven't tried it personally)

Or is this about getting a notification from your U.P. home that isn't on the same network as the other house?

Yes exactly.

Pushover is a one-time ~$5 fee per platform (iOS, Android, etc...) There are no recurring fees. And one can install in on multiple phones/tablets without having to pay anything extra. Each device can then be individually sent notifications, or all devices at once. It really is pretty awesome, and it has been very reliable for us over the years. It was $5 very well spent, IMHO.

3 Likes

Would I be right in thinking hub mesh between the hubs is not an option?

It may be possible but no they are thousands of miles apart/away with firewalls etc between them.

1 Like

Pushover...

I could probably make a second version of the app that would work. I've unpacked apk's before and there is just one app id.

3 Likes

Success but with an alternate approach. Used this (see below) and created a whole second version of the app with a modified id to install and even changed the icon.

Logged back in with the new app with my account and selected the other hub.. and it shows notifications etc.

(i did vpn to the remote location while installing and configuring the 2nd app although not sure that was necessary)

then i just got a notification test rule i wrote from each hub on the same phone. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.