OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

Thank you for this. This is the first that I have heard that multiple people are having the same issue. I have not been able to replicate the issue so it is hard to troubleshoot this. It would be helpful if someone who is having this issue could send me a screen shot of the Preferences (including any Options Attributes) they have set. Also if they could turn on 'Extended logging' and see if there are any warnings or errors listed there, and send those too. You may PM those if you don't to post them in this thread.

Thank you.

2 Likes

You can also use the forum search feature to look for your prior posts in this thread.

1 Like

November 2020 - V0.4.6

I don't have the issue. But, I do not use this on the dashboards.

[UPDATED V0.6.3 01/05/2023]

• Bug fix for myTile not showing icon when neither the 'Three day Forecast Tile' nor the 'Forecast High/Low Temperatures' Optional attributes are selected.

Thank you @maxq10 for helping to locate the issue.

If using HPM do an Update or a repair. Otherwise open the driver code and re-import the code. Thanks.

5 Likes

nice catch on the unused 'Desc.'...

I must be missing something (aka lost). Most of my dashboard is simple and fits my needs, but I've never done this before. I added the code from Github. I created a virtual device using that code and a key, which I can see it's going to OWM and getting the results.

But I'm not getting the attributes I see in this thread. I'm unsure if I'm missing a step or loaded the wrong code. The end goal is to add this to my dashboard (jpage4500), where I have everything else. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated.

When you set the driver in your virtual device, make sure to scroll past all the system drivers to the custom user drivers at the bottom of that list. Then select this driver. It looks like you have the integrated system OWM driver selected.

Small bug in the code that is creating a "No Data" response w/ 3rd party tile apps.

--- Line 1887
'wind_cardinal': [t: 'Wind Cardinal', d: 'Display the Wind Direction (text initials)?', ty: sNUM, defa: sFLS],

Variable type should be sSTR, not sNUM.

1 Like

[UPDATED V0.6.4 01/23/2023]

• Bug fix for wind_cardinal that is creating a "No Data" response w/ 3rd party tile apps.

Thank you @user920 for reporting the issue.

If using HPM do an Update or a repair. Otherwise open the driver code and re-import the code. Thanks.

2 Likes

I am curious, is this the only data that people are getting back from openweathermap?

When you set the driver in your virtual device, make sure to scroll past all the system drivers to the custom user drivers at the bottom of that list. Then select this driver. It looks like you have the integrated system OWM driver selected.

1 Like

Just noticed the response a few posts up. Thank you!

Any idea how all of these attributes could flow over into ActionTiles?

Noob help.

I have installed the OWM driver and created a virtual device with that driver. I have created an account and copied the API into the virtual device. I have turned on some features - 3day forecast. I cannot set any attributes on the Dashboard?? What am I missing.

It’s saying that none of the attributes have been populated. Might try manually polling or a refresh. (State variables are not attributes.)

See this post:

It would appear that the API has not yet been activated. I am hoping that is the problem. I assume that the free API is sufficient for use in Hubitat.

That would be a bad assumption

I have set up the payment method. Is the API that needs to posted in the device the full URL with KEY or just the key??

https://api.openweathermap.org/data/3.0/onecall?lat=33.44&lon=-94.04&appid=575xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx802

or

575xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx802

???

Just the key. Turn on Extended logging and see if there are any errors shown.