OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

That's really odd :thinking:

In fact there are no "rain" attributes available to me in the "set variable' dialogue, although all of them are available in the "trigger" dialogue. Some other attributes seem to be missing too (although at the moment it's only the rain I'm interested in)

Whenever I see something I cannot explain I usually do a reboot ... and most times all is well afterwards.

Yes, that was my first thought :wink: and I also did a "repair" via HPM. Unfortunately it didn't make any difference.

I will try deleting the device and re-creating it, to see if that helps

Nope...deleting the Device and recreating it made no difference. There are many more attributes available in the "trigger" dialogue than there are in the "set variable" dialogue

If your variable type is a number rather than a string, the rest of the attributes will be available to you.

2 Likes

Doh! :roll_eyes:

Thanks!

1 Like

I have several 'High' and 'Low' values. I'm looking for the coldest and hottest temperature forecasted for the day. Which one should I be using?

forecastHigh = Today's High
forecastHigh1 = Tomorrow's High
forecastHigh2 = Day After Tomorrow's High
forecastLow = Today's Low
forecastLow1 = Tomorrow's Low
forecastLow2 = Day After Tomorrow's Low

2 Likes

Thanks Matthew! I love using your driver!

@Matthew Opened up a question about interpretation of the feed as it pertains to today on the GitHub .. Curious your thoughts, Im probably misunderstanding this.

Edit: resolved

Glad you resolved this. All support is through this community. I do not monitor GitHub.

Started getting this error today. Anyone else?

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: The JSON input text should neither be null nor empty. on line 1462 (method pollOWMHandler)

Sorry, no.

Correction. At 2pm today I started to get this error like the rest!

No changes to driver in a long time. :thinking: Recommend opening driver and hitting 'Save Preferences' to re-establish schedules, or a hub reboot.

Good afternoon all been having issue with the driver this morning throwing errors. It turns out that the Poll Sunrise-Sunset: [uri:https://api.sunrise-sunset.org/json?lat=44.313788&lng=-78.285709&formatted=0&date=2022-04-16, timeout:20. Certificate expired last night? Till they publish a new one, OWM-alert is not going to function. Im not a real good prorgamer, but would it not be better to get sunrise and sunset from OWM oncall api? The driver is polling OWM and getting Json data back but because of the failure of sunset api all is broken. Just saying.

Dan

The poll gets more than Sunrise and Sunset times. The more detailed responses are used for the Lux calculations. At this point I will give them some time to update thier certificate and hopefully that resolves the issue. If that poll cannot be completed a more substantial re-write will be required and the lux calculations will be less accurate.

Same error here.

Edit 1: Last successful poll for me was 2022/04/15, 21:08 MDST

Edit 2: When I went to the https://sunrise-sunset.org site directly in my browser, an expired certificate warning was given, which I accepted & continued... Running the provided link by @daniel.barrie2 above DID however give a valid return:

Tried a different browser; once the expired certificate message is accepted, valid data is returned and there are no further certificate prompts. Hope this is useful...

I'm seeing the unable to get sunrise/sunset - although I have no need for the data as it comes in with the rest of the feed.

I'm also seeing a lux value of 5 - and the logs tell that something is happening but I'm not sure what it implies (the current lux measured from an external camera is 805)

I use Lux in rules to determine if lights are needed in certain places - it's not really damaging to my world since a motion lighting RM not being stopped from triggering is a small issue... not sure where to look about this...

Believe I read above where both sets of values are unavailable due to an expired cert on the site they are being harvested from.

I made a couple of minor edits in the driver and it has stopped the errors for now and every thing else seemed to keep working. The errors aren't really hurting anything, but since I added the error monitor app I now get a push notification every time I refresh the weather device. I have an app that refreshes the weather driver fairly often and I got annoyed by the error notifications.