OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

I see a lot of people having the same issue, my driver has not updated for over a day now :sob: Will wait to see what the fix is.

Same error in my log.

I'm not getting sunrise-sunset errors any more... but these errors are recurring all the time now

I noticed the lux value never came thru so I executed the OneCall api with my api key and coords in a browser and I noticed the illuminance field is not there. Has this been dropped by OW now? and is that why I haven't received a data update since yesterday, processing of Poll Data is failing? My OW driver version is 'V0.5.3 08/11/2021'

1 Like

I posted a pull request to fix this if the api files to fall back to the hub settings.

UPDATED V0.5.4

V0.5.4 04/17/2027 Fallback for Sunrise-Sunset.org failure.

Thanks @nh.schottfam !

2 Likes

Thanks Guys. Appears to be fixed!!

I'm still constantly getting these errors in my logs before after updating...

Wx State

Thank you :relaxed:

@Matthew @nh.schottfam

Correction to my earlier comment... While it appears to be working on the surface, @jonathan.lorber is correct... On closer examination I also get the same error he does in the logs.

dev:41932022-04-18 03:02:11.707 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: null on line 1003 (method pollOWMHandler)

--- Live Log Started, waiting for events ---

1 Like

Found it, sent another update

1 Like

UPDATED for additional fix this morning. Version number NOT changed from last night's push. Please re-import code, or if using HPM, do a repair.

Thanks @nh.schottfam .

3 Likes

Looks like Sunrise-Sunset.org has a valid certificate again now, so the previous version should work again. I do recommend updating in case they have another certificate issue in the future.

2 Likes

Any way to get forecasted dew point? Use case is to predict dew on grass. So:

forecastMorn attribute gives the forecasted temperature in the morning. Can we get forecasted dew point for the morning as well, so we can compare the dew point forecast for the morning with the temperature forecast for that same time?

Same for forecastNight.

Does the API give us any of that info?

The API does provide a single daily DewPoint forecast. It does not provide sub-daily (forcastMorn/forecastNight) DewPoint forecasts.

Interesting. I wonder if the forecast would be an average dew point for the day, the high dew point, or the low dewpoint...Either way, I might be able to put it to use if it's easy to add to the driver.

Clarification: The API does provide an hourly forecast on DewPoint. This driver does not pull in any hourly forecast data. As previously discussed, I do not plan on pulling in any hourly forecast data from the API into this driver. The daily forecast for DewPoint is available in the API, but it is not available in the 'morn'/'night' sub-variants.

I do not plan on adding this at this time (never had a request for it in the 2+ year this driver has existed or in the DarkSky or WeatherUnderground versions this spawned from) Feel free to make a copy of the code and add in some new attributes into your own version if you feel this would be helpful.

Percular behavior as of late.

Node red graph of illuminence. The drop occurs hourly then recovers to expected level.

TIA
Thinking about this behavior more, I think this is a "side" effect of the memory cleanup introduced in later release...

Confirmed w HE enginerring and comfirmed: Database cleanup happens every hour.

No changes in the code. Mine still works fine. Something is preventing your system from finding the icons. Could be a new or changed firewall, virus software, Pi-Hole, browser filter, etc..., You may need to whitelist the location of the icons so your system can get to them.

until yesterday they left me and I always use google chrome, I don't know what will happen

Is there a way to easily (dynamically?) check (TRUE/FALSE) if the weather attribute contains any of drizzle/rain/thunder/sleet/snow? I know I can build multiple conditions to check for these values, but it can get tedious when all I want for my particular use to know if there's precipitation or not.

Use case: I'm getting updated weather stats every 5 min to control whether landscape lights come on (or turn off after being on) when precipitation happens. I have a separate rule with a trigger looking for a change in weather/landscape switch with actions to turn off the lights if they're on and there's precipitation (but I have to list out 4-5 different things currently).