OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

Would anyone know why the raintoday, raintomorrow and rainDayAfterTomorrow all show 0 even though I have a precipitation percentage of 100 for all three days?

My location shows non-zero amounts:

Your location must not be reporting those in OWM. You can turn on Extended Logging and look at the raw data coming back from the OWM data pull. The driver can only report what OWM sends.

2 Likes

It there a setup guide for this driver? I am trying to add a weather widget to my dashboard to show current conditions and a couple days of forecasts. I created a virtual device and used this as the driver. I went through and added the API, city name and all the other things that I would like and saved the preferences. I then added the device to Dashboard but nothing. I went back to the device setting and most of the options that were present initially are now gone. I don't know if this driver no longer works or I'm just not doing something right.

Looking at the Wiki, it directs people to this post for installation instructions. Is that what you were after?

I did all of this but it still did not work. Nothing is getting populated under Current States.

This is pretty much what I did. As for the API, a free one is provided without the need for a payment card. With the free one, I get current weather, 3-hr forecast 5 days and basic weather maps, weather dashboard, air pollution, geocoding, weather widget and 95% uptime.

Read the thread. The 'free one' will not work with this driver. The driver requires the 'One Call By Call' API which does require a subscription with a valid payment method. You get 1,000 API calls per day for free before anything would be charged. I poll every two minutes during daylight hours ( which most agree is excessive). And every 15 minutes at night and don't think I have ever exceeded 600 calls in a day. You may also set an account daily call cap that will cut you off if you exceed it. Just set that to 999 and you should never be charged.

4 Likes

@Matthew Is it possible to change the language? I want to make an automation that sends me a summary message, but it comes out in English, any chance to change the language?

There is no ability to select a different language.

@Matthew And any other alternative that can see it in Spanish?

Not that I am familiar with.

1 Like

@diegodelprat

I've been trying to install yesterday and today and it won't let me, since when I create the API, the sensor appears offline but when I enter the web device it appears online, I've already given up

I want to vent the windows in the car before leaving IF there is no current precipitation. However, when looking at condition_code, and condition_text, I'm getting what appears to be a conflict.

Screenshot 2023-08-16 at 11.51.40 PM

Before I got to see the info in HE OWM, looking at Weather Conditions - OpenWeatherMap, I thought that I could say IF condition code < 200 and condition code > 600, then ventwindows. However, the driver converts it to some text. Ok. Then IF condition text doesn't contain "rain" (500s) "drizzle" (300s), or "thunderstorm" (200s), then i'm clear to open the windows.

Where i'm having the issue is that the code doesn't match the condition_text. Is it currently partly cloudy or is there moderate rain? In the OWM device, condition_text matches the code list linked above, but doesn't appear to really be the current condition.

What am I missing or misinterpreting?!?

The condition_text and the icon displayed in the tiles is dependent on your selection here:

I am guessing you have that 'Off' and so the condition_text is the forecast condition while the condition_code is the current condition. If you want to maintain the forecast condition text/icon you could turn this on:
and use the forecast_code attribute instead of condition_code. If you want condition_code to match up with condition_text and both of them represent current conditions you should turn 'On' that first setting above.

2 Likes

I love this open weather app, loaded up it up in HA the other day but have some strange behavior, I change the settings to Celsius in the app using the setting, and it shows C briefly then goes back to F within a few seconds on the results, the switch remains set as C, sorry if this has been mentioned before if anyone can help.

Forget my question, clicking save works briefly, but a complete page refresh is needed probably a browser cache thing sorry

1 Like

The Current vs Forecast did it. Thank you!

Now I have to check if I broke other rules! :grin:

[UPDATED V0.6.8 08/31/2023]

• Added pull request from @nh.schottfam to display sun 'altitude' & 'azimuth' as stand-alone optional attributes. Code cleanups.

attribute 'altitude' // sun angle up from the horizon (0 on your horizon, 90 straight up)
    attribute 'azimuth' // sun angle along the horizon (0 is N, 90 East, etc..)

If using HPM do an Update or a Repair. Otherwise open the driver code and re-import the code. Thanks.

3 Likes

@Matthew, is there any way to get the current weather conditions at a different location in RM by supplying its lat/long?

I'm using OWM for weather conditions at my house. On random occasions, I want the weather conditions for where my car is located. There is already a device for the car and its lat/long are attributes which I can use.