Help with Weather Triggers and Conditions

Hey folks. Recent refugee from ST learning the ropes of the HE interface. I'm used to WebCore.

I'm trying to figure out how to integrate weather conditions and triggers into HE, and stumbled on this answer from 3 years ago. I'm wondering if the OpenWeatherMap API is still considered the best way to go.

https://community.hubitat.com/t/using-weather-in-triggers-and-conditions/54136

You can use openweathermap as your weather source.

You can install this via HPM. Do be sure you can onecall key for open weather api. Many folks have issues because they do not do this and things won't work right

webCoRE also has open weather source integration - ie you can configure webcore with your open weather source data so that you can access it via $weather... in webCoRE.

• you can also have webCoRE receive event is data changes in open weather source

Depends how local you want the weather readings and control to be, there is an excellent integration for Ecowitt using your own Ecowitt weather station. I use it to compare humidity readings and decide if it should turn on my underfloor ventilation, that sort of thing, works very well as I live in a valley and the weather can be very location dependent when it rains etc. Best thing is everything is local using this method :slight_smile: