OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

[UPDATED V0.6.7 06/03/2023]

• Merged pull request from @nh.schottfam to allow 'City' to be displayed as a stand-alone optional attribute.

If using HPM do an Update or a Repair. Otherwise open the driver code and re-import the code. Thanks.

1 Like

Is there some way someone could add instructions for installing this on the main GitHub? Also explain to me how to/send a link to how to set it up? Do I just click new virtual device and pick this driver I added? Or is there anything complicated or whatnot?

See this post ....

Ok I did that but it doesn't show anything on the "weather alerts" virtual device I created with that driver and api key after adding a credit card and subscribing to the plan.

I even turned on the 3.0 thing by checking the box. Does it make a separate device or child device or something?

A post was split to a new topic: MeteoBridge Integration

Turn on 'Extended Logging' and look for clues in the logs.

No. If you just created your API key you need this set to 'On' as older API keys are no longer issued.

Hey... For anyone interested, I got a reply from openweathermaps support:

So if I make an API call at 1600 (4:00PM) then daily[0].morn refers to past data (that morning) and daily[0].night refers to the forecast a little later that night? - That is correct.

Min/Max data of the day is from 00:00 (when the day starts) to 23:59:59.

So there you have it. Everything is a midnight boundary from current local time it seems.

1 Like

Would anyone know why the raintoday, raintomorrow and rainDayAfterTomorrow all show 0 even though I have a precipitation percentage of 100 for all three days?

My location shows non-zero amounts:

Your location must not be reporting those in OWM. You can turn on Extended Logging and look at the raw data coming back from the OWM data pull. The driver can only report what OWM sends.

2 Likes

It there a setup guide for this driver? I am trying to add a weather widget to my dashboard to show current conditions and a couple days of forecasts. I created a virtual device and used this as the driver. I went through and added the API, city name and all the other things that I would like and saved the preferences. I then added the device to Dashboard but nothing. I went back to the device setting and most of the options that were present initially are now gone. I don't know if this driver no longer works or I'm just not doing something right.

Looking at the Wiki, it directs people to this post for installation instructions. Is that what you were after?

I did all of this but it still did not work. Nothing is getting populated under Current States.

This is pretty much what I did. As for the API, a free one is provided without the need for a payment card. With the free one, I get current weather, 3-hr forecast 5 days and basic weather maps, weather dashboard, air pollution, geocoding, weather widget and 95% uptime.

Read the thread. The 'free one' will not work with this driver. The driver requires the 'One Call By Call' API which does require a subscription with a valid payment method. You get 1,000 API calls per day for free before anything would be charged. I poll every two minutes during daylight hours ( which most agree is excessive). And every 15 minutes at night and don't think I have ever exceeded 600 calls in a day. You may also set an account daily call cap that will cut you off if you exceed it. Just set that to 999 and you should never be charged.

4 Likes

@Matthew Is it possible to change the language? I want to make an automation that sends me a summary message, but it comes out in English, any chance to change the language?

There is no ability to select a different language.

@Matthew And any other alternative that can see it in Spanish?

Not that I am familiar with.

1 Like

@diegodelprat