OpenWeatherMap-Alerts-Weather-Driver

See this post.

You Rock man!! Worked perfectly. Really enjoy your app.

Where in the app code would you insert this. Very new to the code so still working on understanding.
Thanks.

That code goes in the CSS tab for the dashboard that you are adding the Weather Tile to.

Just loaded this driver and setup a test dashboard with just the MyTile. It all looks pretty good with 3 exceptions:

1. Between the Temperature and the Feels Like there is the word Null -- Where can I get rid of that?
  2. CAn I remove the location at the top of the tile
  3. Can I remove the name of the device from the bottom?

Thanks!

1. That is the icon for the current conditions. If it says Null then it cannot find the icon it is looking for in the location you are point it to. Make sure your icons are available at the location you specified here:
    or use the default location to pull them from GitHub.
  2. You can put as space in this field:
    But them the other areas where that is used will also be blank (Weather Summary, Alert tile). It was not intended to be omittable.
  3. You can do that with any dashboard tile (not specific to this driver). Look here: The Noob's (in)complete guide to CSS for Hubitat

Thanks Matthew.

I have the url for the icons as default. If I browse to that url I go to: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/WeatherIcons/master/
So I think that is correct

I get 400 invalid request

That is correct and expected. Try adding a valid icon name after that and it should show up .... like:
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/HubitatCommunity/WeatherIcons/master/1.png

Yeah that works. I changed some of the device settings and it is working now. Getting closer to what I want. Thank you for your help

Sorry for such a noob question. How and where can I edit the Mytile for this ? I want to remove a couple of attriutes and change the background color
Thanks

In the groovy code the myTile section is at lines 1076-1137.

Thanks Matthew. I just want to remove the Sunrise/Sunset line.

Comment out line 1114. (just add a double backslash '//' to the front of that line.)

I commented out line 1114 and Saved. Is there something else I need to do? I refreshed my browser and used a different browser and it persists.

Open your virtual driver, click 'Save Device'. Then check your settings and click 'Save Preferences' to re-establish your update schedules.

Yeah I got it the ICON and the update time is still there

Wanted to ask about PoP, though I'm sure it's a frequent question. The data returned from OWM contains today's PoP at daily[0].pop, tomorrow's at daily[1].pop, etc. From the code, it looks like these should be available as percentPrecip/PoP, PoP1, PoP2, etc. However, only percentPrecip appears to actually be exposed to Rule Machine et al.

In fact, even more useful to my scenario would be tomorrow's cloud cover. That appears to be in the retrieved data (daily[1].cloud), but isn't mapped to anything in the driver.

Is it possible to expose either of those values?

It is possible? Yes. But of what value is it? What would be your use case for exposing that data? The PoP information is shown on the three day forecast tile. What decisions would you automate with Rule Machine today (now) based on tomorrow's, or the day after tomorrow's, probability of precipitation or percentage of cloud cover? The accuracy of a daily PoP or a daily cloud coverage percentage forecast one or two days out is highly suspect, at best. Using that data as a basis for a Rule Machine automation does not seem to me to be any more reliable than a coin flip. I can understand just wanting to know that information, but not creating automations based on it.

I dynamically set the Backup Reserve of my Powerwall twice a day based on the weather, so that I don't run it down as far overnight if there's unlikely to be enough sun to refill it the next day.

Currently, I use your abandoned Dark Sky driver. In the morning, I set it based on the current cloud cover. In the evening, I use the probability of rain tomorrow as a proxy for the next day's cloud cover. Whichever the input is, I divide it into three buckets, and set the reserve to 80%, 50%, or 20%.

But after switching to this incarnation, I have neither of those values for the next day. If there's a different metric I could use to predict the next day as "clear," "partly cloudy," or "overcast" I'd be happy to use that instead.

1 Like

[UPDATED]
v0.5.3
08/11/2021

Changes:

• added Pull request from @mbishop to expose cloud coverage forecasts.
1 Like