Onkyo AVR driver and Volume vs. Dimmer

using the factory onkyo driver, unlike my community yamaha avr driver, doesn't respond to dimmer tile commands. Works fine when tile is volume. I prefer to use the dimmer tile as I also get info on, and can control, if its on or off. Saves me a tile.

Is there a way to either get the volume tile to do what the dimmer tile do (switch), or get the onkyo driver to respond to the dimmer tile command .. which I believe is 'level' as well as the distinct 'volume'?

Good for all, or at least bad for none?

Tagging @mike.maxwell who created these drivers and also an owner of an Onkyo. Hoping he will also get to adding Zone 2 support for all the AVRs too :grin:

Our inbuilt drivers do not use the switch level capability for volume, this is intentional given the intent of switch level is to control dimmers.

HE's choice, no problem, I had no expectation that HE would want to do so... I'm asking if there are options/tools within the ecosystem that allows such to be user developed... shy of building a complete competing community driver based on the older thread.