One Switch Control Multiple Devices With Taps/Toggles

This might be a dumb question...

Is it possible to control two things from one single GE Enbrighten switch? One tap up to turn on lights, two tap ups to turn on fan?

If not, is there a solution for this. I am trying to solve a single gang box with two switches, one over the other.

No. You only have one relay in the switch.

However, check out the Zooz double switch

2 Likes

Thank you!

I guess it depends upon what you mean by this.

I do have two things from one switch in multiple places. But you need multiple switches to do so.

So in my kitchen, the GE dimmer runs the overhead lights. Single tap up is on, single down is off, hold to dim either up or down.

But you can use double taps too. So I have double tap "captured" by button controller. So when I double tap up, it does nothing to the kitchen overhead light, but it does turn on the sink light smart switch. Same for sink light off command, double tap down on overhead light switch and it turns off the sink smart switch.

So if the drivers you are using recognize double tap, then you can use the switch like a remote button.

@neonturbo I am still in the process of searching/researching this and feeling a bit daft. I have managed to install all of my switches, etc., and updated my drivers to use botched. I've also managed to install and use Switch Bindings. For some reason, I'm missing something in getting the switches PROGRAMMED to use the double tap. I can see they are recognizing the double taps, but I can't figure out the part of how to tell it what to do with the double tap. I've tried adding the device ID (including and excluding hex) in the preferences of the switch itself. I keep reading about Rule Machine and am wondering if I need to be setting up a button...I'm just missing something. In my case, one of the things I'm trying to do is simply turn on/off another device in the same room. Ideally I would also like to get some programming in place on another switch that will do a dim command on another switch. But I have to get on/off figured out first.