One other question on Groups and Lighting Rules

I have a group where I have added a couple other groups to it along with some bulbs and switches. I have a motion and mode lighting rule that turns the group on and then I use rule machine to turn sets of them off at different speeds. The motion device is triggering the lighting rule but the rule seems to think it should not activate.

I've turned off the group "use the group to determine if any members are on" but that doesn't seem to help. How do I get the lighting rule to just turn on the lights I asked it to and not be so "smart" as to think they are on already (since they are not).

Never was able to figure this out but switched the rule over to Rule Machine and its working fine. I would have done the rule in simple lighting app but I need to confirm some contact sensors (gate) is closed before turning off the light. The motion and mode lighting app allowed that check but doesn't seem to work well with groups.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.