One Ge zwave plus dimmer not supported for Google home?

I am using a custom one on this switch and many other working GE Zwave Plus dimmers, but I can also reproduce it again just for this one switch using the built in "Generic Z-Wave Dimmer" device type.

IMPORT URL: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Dimmer/GE-Jasco%20Z-Wave%20Plus%20Dimmer.groovy

Try taking the dash out of the name....

1 Like

The problem isn't pairing....it's getting it to add to the Google Home app.

1 Like

Same result. I named it just "Light Switch Kitchen" and also renamed the device type to exclude the dash.

What is interesting to me is I can add the device to the google home app, save, then imediately come back into it and see the device listed. Then as soon as i say "ok google, turn off light switch kithen" it disappears.

I have also tried adding it -> "Ok google, sync devices" -> then trying to control it and seeing it disappear.

I am going to try adding it again, but not trying to control it with my voice so i can tell if the voice command is triggering the removal or if Hubitat\Google talking behind the scenes does it.

please post a screen shot of the driver current states for this device...
The GH integration rejects devices that don't have attribute values for the published capabilities.

This right?

yup, there is no state for switch, that's the issue...

1 Like

Yeah....you're using the stock driver? Have you turned the device on and off at least once?

I always, always, always control a device from the driver page to be sure it's working properly before adding it to any automations...

3 Likes

Well now I know more on what to solve for. Thanks guys! I'll try removing and re-adding the device.

When I do on/off on the device it works.

Also attached is the same states for another switch of the same model and driver. Really weird to me that the switch state is gone.

Even more weird, how did you manage to get it to say "numberOfButtons: 0"?

1. If you are using one of my drivers, let me know which specific one and I'll take a look this weekend. I have tested all of my drivers with Google Home, though, so don't know of any issues but that doesn't mean there isn't one (bugs being bugs and all...)...

2. If using one of my drivers, are you 100% positive it is a zwave plus mode, and not one of the older standard zwave models? If so, what model is the device?

Jason - Is this your github? "Botched1/Hubitat/master/Drivers" If not, where can I find your drivers to try?

I am very positive it is a GE zwave plus dimmer. To get the exact model I need to pull the switch out and look at the back, the date code on the front doesnt tell the model? My entire house is GE Zwave mixture of plus\non-plus, dimmers, fans and on/offs. To the best of my knowledge GE has never made a plus model with the smaller LED lights and this one has the small LED light. I remember specifically upgrading this switch about 1.5 years ago to get it to work properly with my LED can lights. My Amazon order shows the model as "14294", but to be safe I can pull the device tonight. It only started giving me problems in the last couple of weeks.

I have at least 6 other zwave plus dimmers that should be the same models not having this issue.

Yup, Botched1 is my GitHub.

It is probably a 14294. Weird that it is behaving like that on the user driver or the built in driver...

Is there a way to see what model the device is reporting via the hub? I have Hubitat, Smartthings and Wink at my disposal to try if any of those give better logging results.

No, but the model shouldn't matter as long as it is zwave plus - as all of the GE zwave plus devices work the same (with a few differences here and there due to firmware versions, and the motion switch/dimmer are different for obvious reasons).

I'm sure it is zwave plus as you mentioned, but that is something you can verify in the hub - device details, if you have 0x5E in the "inClusters" it is zwave plus.

Like:
31%20PM

I just excluded the device and made sure it was deleted from the devices page, then readded it to the hub.

The hub detected and assigned the "System" "Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer" in the "Type" field for the driver.

The data section within device details shows:

• deviceType: 18756
  • inClusters: 0x5E,0x56,0x86,0x72,0x5A,0x85,0x59,0x73,0x26,0x27,0x70,0x2C,0x2B,0x7A
  • deviceId: 12344
  • manufacturer: 99

Awesome, and does it work from the driver page?

It does. I can control manually via the device page within Hubitat and from Google Home. What I dont understand is why it happened and why it is now working again, but I will take it!

Last night I excluded and re-joined the switch to Hubitat a couple of times and was able to reproduce the issue still. I will monitor for a few more days and see what happens. Thanks guys!

@mike.maxwell - If you are taking enhancement requests it would be great to have some of the ramp and association settings exposed in the hubitat driver for the GE devices like Jasons driver does.

@JasonJoel - I love your drivers. I keep checking your Github in hopes of someday seeing one for the GE zwave plus fan controller with the ability to do associations. Not even sure if it is supported. I should give zwave tools a shot on it.

Ramp options?, meaning transition times?
We aren't going to support direct device to device associations at the driver level.
We don't currently have a ui for it, so for those that don't know what they're doing it could lead to support issues...
I'm hoping to give the ge Zwave drivers an overhaul as there's some newer models out I have in hand now. These won't be in 2.1.4 though..., still slogging through my backlog.

Yeah transition times. Here are screenshots of Jason's driver options.