Old way of "Show disable check boxes"

Hello,
a few versions earlier, if a device went offline, on the devices list page, the checkboxes would automatically show and the "Offline" Prefix would get added as well. in the new way.. I can either have the the checkboxes displayed or not... based on the "Show disable check boxes" in the settings..
Would it be possible to get the old functionality by another checkbox in the settings like.. "Auto Show disable check boxes when device offline" or something like that...
that way those of us who want it to quickly know that some devices are offline just by visiting the devices page.. and if I see the checkboxes.. then some devices are offline.. and then I can scroll to devices starting with "Offline -" to see whats wrong..

What hub platform version are you running? (Check Settings > Hub Details.)

That being said, I'm not sure if you're aware that this prefix is only a Hub Mesh feature, not a general hub device feature. I don't recall the Hub Mesh feature changing recently, which does also happen to disable the device if the other hub (and therefore its devices) are "offline."

Sorry for the confusion. the offline notification for certain devices is only for devices linked via Hub Mesh. When one hub cannot communicate with another hub those devices are marked as "offline". The prefix is not used for any other type of devices.

1 Like

I am on 2.3.6.146, it maybe since a while.. I just got around now to put the feature request :stuck_out_tongue:

I used the way it use to work as described above. If you opened the device page and the check boxes were there it meant something was offline.

When the update that changed this occured, I had to change my update procedure. I would update all my hubs and then go to the main rules hub and just keep hitting refresh until the check boxes went away. It would take a minute for all my hubs to sync. That first time after this change I thought something was wrong because I kept refreshing but they never went away. I was jumping from hub to hub trying to figure out why my devices weren't connecting. I finally scrolled down the list and realized everything was connected and the display had changed.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.