Ok I am Confused .. Flash Light Garage Doors Open! ~ Working ! :)

Wondering if any way that I did this correctly, 'cause it's just way beyond my stupid brain! LOL
Ended up making this for all about 20 different times, because it doesn't seem it lets you edit stuff.
Anyway, if somebody would take a look at this and see if it's even gonna work, because it can't change the time without. redoing the entire rule. apparently Or as far as I can tell,. Thanks !

Please describe what you are trying to do w/your automation, step-by-step, then folks can help you choose the right tool and create a reliable automation. :slight_smile:

6 Likes
  1. If garage door 1 0R 2 is open or both .. after 60 mins
  2. Flash Kitchen overhead light ( every 30-60 secs ) ? until garage door is closed.
  3. notify phone every 15 min with a message : Garage Door Is Open Please Close!
  4. when all garage doors 1 and 2 are closed.
  5. Cancel / stop flashing Kitchen overhead light
  6. notify phone with a message : Garage Doors Are Now Closed.

Inside the [REP] and [END REP], just just before Exit Rule, add Wait for expression: both garage doors closed. Then add Stop Repeating Actions after that and delete Exit Rule.

2 Likes

Like this ?

Well I think I got it working .. tested both doors seems to work !

4 Likes

Congrats... :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Broke my brain doing it ! LOL
But for my first time trying to do Rule Machine, I guess it was kinda a hard one to make.
Probably should've started with something a little easier. LOL.

Now, if I could only figure out how to turn on/off the rule, with a double click of a button, controller. or some other easy way. that would be just amazing.!

You need to make the Repeat stoppable. I suspect it's now running indefinitely in the background.

1 Like

Ok .. Bummer .. lol How do I do that ?
Dont the " stop repeating actions" do that ?

1 Like

Not unless you turn on the "stoppable?" slider for the Repeat every... action

1 Like

Like this ?

2 Likes

Yes.

If you want to see what is going on with your rule while debugging it, turn on action logging :

1 Like