Oh-lalabs.com

Any idea what is the oh-lalabs.com logo that pops up randomly in the app about?

It's from a signature in the driver, from the dev who coded it. He kinda started his own brand/business under that name.

5 Likes

A failed experiment in hubris.

12 Likes

That’s cold!

7 Likes

It doesn’t seem to be going well over there:

5 Likes

But accurate.

5 Likes

Correct, it's not good at all, but then again in the tech world it's not uncommon. I will say this, no matter the current defunct state, the controller was stellar. Instant response, zero memory issues, rarely if ever needing a reboot. Z2M running Zigbee like a dream, that didn't suck hours of time troubleshooting.
That said it never became the user friendly automation controller, but rather more of a techie's dream. Lot's of linux, vscode and complexities not suited for the masses.

Now to figure if I really need a C8Pro...

Okay, I do

4 Likes

I had an Odroid XU4 running z2m on bare-metal Linux (Armbian) that I used to funnel devices back into Hubitat using Node-RED. I'm using HA Yellow for the same purpose now. The Odroid setup cost me about $80 in total, including a zigbee 3.0 dongle.

Wasn't tied to any vendor, and I can still get it up and running if I needed. Turnkey options were always available for anyone who is comfortable with Linux and purchasing USB radios for zigbee and z-wave. Off course, my Odroid setup didn't include any custom automation or dashboard software outside of what was available in Node-RED.

But I would expect any system priced at over twice what the Odroid cost me to come with bespoke automation and dashboard software; especially if the existence of both were highlighted as selling points during a crowdfunding campaign.

I've participated in two crowdfunding campaigns in the home automation space. The first of these, for the [SOAP] router/hub left a bitter taste in my mouth. The second, was for HA Yellow, which I am completely satisfied with.

4 Likes

I gave it a whirl as well. It was at a time when I was getting intermittent issues with my HE hub automations/devices. I was having to reboot every couple of days to keep things running.
Didn't have any issues with the Oh-lalabs hub. It just worked.
Moved back to a C7, C8 and webCoRE and using the 'hub' as an interface to my LightwaveRF devices using UDP.
I have to say I'm not getting any issues since moving back to HE and now I only reboot when there is an update.
Well done HE team.

3 Likes

5 posts were split to a new topic: iNovelli mmwave switches

Well I think this answers the question about why an icon was appearing on a device page.... :wink:

5 Likes

Why is the original post now hidden?

Yeah, of all the posts, that was the least controversial imho, aside from the fact it included the logo of a (now diminished) competitior....

And a fellow Aussie.... we can do no wrong.... surely....?

1 Like

It says it’s because the post was flagged.

I agree there wasn’t any apparent reason to flag the OP (unlike some other replies that were since removed).

@moderators please consider unflagging the OP.

7 Likes

I wish they'd bring back the ability to see flagged posts for a period of time. There are some people with itchy fingers.

11 Likes

Glad I wasn't imagining things... "I thought I could 'unhide' flagged posts" Oh well. But from what I remember from seeing it when first posted, it had the logo in it. ooooooh, bad bad bad (slap).

But anyway, that whole thing from crowdfunding, to what was delivered after, to now. Never even came close to what was promised.

Hot Mess Trainwreck GIF by GIPHY News

3 Likes

Done!

5 Likes

You can always ask moderators like @marktheknife did :wink:

5 Likes

Actually that was me. I flagged the wrong post and couldn't undo it. :man_facepalming:t2:

12 Likes

Wow - how was this possibly inappropriate or a violation of guidelines.

@moderators