Nyce generic motion at 1/3 of the price

This pairs directly as the nyce and looks exactly like it. .i assume they built it for nyce

1 Like

Can you confirm the temperature/humidity capability? I can't find any reference for the Schneider version having these. Thanks in advance

Edit to Add: Found a spec sheet with more info here

I can't confirm, but according to the listing it's the same NCZ-3043 model number, so... probably.

Honestly, that is part of what concerned me. The truncated part number is their C4 flavor. The spec sheet confirms HA 1.2 compatible, so I was comfortable enough to grab a few. Very nice find @kahn-hubitat!

1 Like

Yep

1 Like

Hurry!!! :laughing:

Sold out

I think I got one of the last ones, sorry! (A fauxpology.) :wink:

I've always wanted to try a Nyce but the pryce was off-putting. Nice to give one a try at this price-point, assuming it turns out to stand up to its Nyce name.

1 Like

Believe I bought the last one.

I had 2 ceiling mounted Aeotec Multisensor 6 which were giving me all sorts of problems. Plus they are extremely chatty devices. I threw them away and replaced them with the Nyce ceiling sensor and have really liked them. Bought this one as a backup but may find somewhere to mount it.

1 Like

What's the attraction with these things?

Sadly this was discontinued in 2021. It was replaced with the SED-MTH-G-5045 from what I can see.

I have a couple. They're awesome. Low profile, aaa batteries that last forever. Adjustable cooldown time. motion/temp/humidity/battery.

1 Like

Seemingly small detail, but the Schneider documentation shows that these were designed for commercial applications and building integration systems. That bolsters the community endorsements and sold me. As my device list grown, so does my appreciation for devices with robust performance.

1 Like

On the 3 of them I recently sent Bobby, I never got more than 12-15 months from a set of batteries. :man_shrugging: I don't call that forever.

I get longer battery life from the BeSense Zwave ceiling motion sensors that use 2xAA (instead of aaa).

But I agree that they are great sensors. I am just a zwave guy, so replaced them with zwave models.

2 Likes

Dam, I missed the party. I've been trying to acquire 2 of these forever. If anyone changes their mind, please message me.

2 Likes

Where can you buy these from, a google search finds only US suppliers?

Not sure if it helps, but the box I received from the listing has this part number on it:
https://lghvac.com/commercial/product-type/model-details/?productTypeId=a2x44000003XR1c&modelId=01t44000008fwBW&modelNumber=ZVRCZCOC1&iscommercial=true&class=Controls

2 Likes

Mine arrived. Definitely not new as listed - mine was clearly used. Box was a mess, nothing inside but the sensor, and dead batteries already installed w/no battery tab to pull.

Replaced batteries and it went into pairing mode and joined and initially didn't sense motion. Did a reset (10 pushes on tab on back) and it went back into pairing and re-joined and started sensing motion.

Built-in driver is pretty bare bones - is there a community driver anyone is using, or just stick w/built-in?

Normally I'd go after the seller when they list new/ship used, but the price was what I'd pay for used, so... :man_shrugging: I'll run it for a week or so and see how it behaves.

Weird. Mine was brand new baterries still in wrap

Thats what u get for bragging u got the last one... the dregs... lol sorry couldnt resist.

I would complain and see if u csn get another 10 off.