Nyce 3041 Zigbee Motion Sensors Won't Pair

In the process of migrating from C-7 to C-8 and having my Zigbee fail, I moved back to my C-7. All of my devices came back and functioned, except for three Nyce 3041 motion sensors. These have been rock solid and I've never had any issues until now.

I've been unable to get these to pair at all with the C-7 or the C-8. I'm only a few feet from the hub, so shouldn't be a signal issue, and I have been able to add other zigbee devices.

Here's what I've tried:

1. Reset the device, tried to pair again. It finds the existing device and says it added it, but the LEDs still flash for the identify mode.
  2. Reset the device, removed the existing device in the hub. It finds a new device, I name it, but the LEDs still flash for identify mode, and nothing is sent to the hub. In several attempts, it just gives me "Found a Zigbee device, initializing..." and doesn't proceed further.
  3. I've shutdown the hub and restarted several times in between.

When the device is 'added' but doesn't work, the new device shows up in zigbee events:

2023-03-03 21:15:48.635 profileId:0x0, clusterId:0x13, sourceEndpoint:0, destinationEndpoint:0 , groupId:0, lastHopLqi:180, lastHopRssi:-55

Running 2.3.5.102 on both hubs

Any ideas?

I've been running into a similar issue this week too... Just ominously gets stuck on that "Found a Zigbee device, initializing..." thing.

It sometimes eventually allows me to add it, but always with the plain "Device" type -- it never properly recognizes the device fingerprint. Even when I switch the driver, the device always still goes offline with a minute or two, and becomes completely unresponsive. And then it just leaves a zombie zigbee device called DEVICE in the zigbee table.

I've tried Hue (latest gen) bulbs, Innr bulbs, Centralite plugs and Innr 224 plugs -- none of them ever successfully pair & stick. That was all on v101.

I migrated to C-8 and v102 tonight, but I haven't tried pairing anything yet -- I figured I'd let the zigbee mesh chill out overnight and try tomorrow.

I'll be curious to follow this post though - it sure seems like I'm in this same boat!

I have 2 3041's and 4 3043's running for a few years now. I don't recall any pairing issues. Have you tried a factory reset on the device?

Yes, I've factory reset a few dozen times now (LEDs confirm it worked and it goes into pairing). I don't remember having issues when I first added them.

With 103 released, I tried again on my C-7 without luck. I was able to get 2 of 3 to pair with the C-8 after I migrated. I had to remove the devices and add them as new.

Had to revert back to the C-7 due to a Zigbee bug on the C-8, and I am now unable to use any of these again. I spent about an hour trying to pair any of the 3 (none of them are devices on my hub now) and they would always get stuck at initializing.

Not much for logs, but this is what I've got.

[sys:1](http://192.168.1.30/logs#)2023-03-09 08:47:34.964[info] Created Unknown Zigbee Device
[sys:1](http://192.168.1.30/logs#)2023-03-09 08:47:28.489[info] Zigbee Discovery Stopped
[sys:1](http://192.168.1.30/logs#)2023-03-09 08:46:31.884[info] Initializing Zigbee Device 000D6F00041956B9, CB6A

Tagging @support_team as well since this is a supported device.

Turns out this was related to the "New" Zigbee stack that was released in beta several months ago. I went back to the "Standard" Zigbee stack and now I can pair these devices again.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.