Null device name and non-existent device in zigbee routing table

While looking at the zigbee routing table on my Hubitat C7 tonight, I noticed there is an entry with "null" as the name with an ID of AC17.

When I look in my Device list, there isn't a device with an ID of AC17 in my Hubitat system.

Any idea how I could go about figuring out that might be?

Are there any Zigbee devices you used to have paired to Hubitat but don't anymore that were removed but not actually reset? (A remove normally does that, but not if the device wasn't online/responding at that time.) Something still thinks it's on your network.

The short ID won't be much help since that is randomly assigned at pairing. Maybe it's physically near that device it's routing through, but routes are often surprising, so no guarantees there, either.

With so few devices, it should be easy to find. If you have any groups of lights, try controlling the individual bulbs from their device page. A while back I would occasionally see this happen where a light would work with group messaging, but not individually, and it would be the null device. In my case it was always a Lightify bulb that probably overheated and went unresponsive. Resetting the device and re adding it would fix it, but only until it happened again.

Only thing I can think of would be a button, but that isn't mains powered and was reset when moved to my other zigbee network.

I have removed ikea bulbs previously for firmware updates, but reset them and rejoin them to Hubitat when done.

I might be missing something but don't see anything in your table that suggests this device is mains powered, just that it's routing through another device.

1 Like

I do have a couple light groups.
The bulbs in them can be controlled individually, as well as with the group.

You could try shutting down the hub, wait a minute and then power it back up. If you’ve removed a device since the last restart, perhaps it hasn’t been removed from the mesh yet.