Nuheat floor heat connected thermostat

I have a nuheat floor heat connected thermostat that I would like to integrate into hubitat. Home assistant has created a device handler to use the nuheat website to control it. This is way above my paygrade. Is there any expert our there who wants to take a look at it to see if its something that can be written for hubitat to support? I imagine that it can be accommodated, but it with my limited knowledge I sure can do it :slight_smile: Any help would be greatly appreciated!

https://github.com/home-assistant/home-assistant/blob/master/homeassistant/components/climate/nuheat.py

Rather than proffering Home Assistant code (which not many of us are familiar with)
SmartThings code is better..
This is nearer to Hubitat code and may well be easy to 'port' across

A quck search on the ST forum produced this...

There is a driver there which I think covers your device and you may well be able to convert it for Hubitat

Andy

1 Like

Awesome! thanks! I thought I searched but didnt go far enough. I will see if I can figure it out.. I think there is at least enough on how to convert from smarthings to hubitat!

Holy expensive thermostat! I love it...but seriously can't justify $250 for a wifi t-stat for my master bath....

I was able to copy it direct to into the device driver section and it works straight up. you need to get your thermostat id from nuheat's website and punch in some other info and away it goes! Am I right that there is no t-stat template on the dashboard?

its pretty cool.. I am adding heated floors to all the bathrooms as they get redone.. warmyourfloors.com usually runs a special.. its expensive but so worth it on a cold a$$ morning!

Anyone interested on porting this? I have 4 Nuheat thermostats but I wouldn't know where to start

it kind of works.. you basically can set the temp.. I have not been able to get it to work with the thermostat scheduler.. but what I did was create a rule that when we are all gone, it sets the temp to 70 degrees and then when one of us comes home it ups it back to 83. problem is.. its all manual.. It wont resume the program that has been programmed into nuheat.

Yea I got it to work too. Weirdly I was never able to actually get it to work in ST? I don't mind that you can't use the programming because all of that can be recreated with Rules. In fact, I'd be nervous creating rules if it's in auto because rules doesn't let me get specific enough to tell it what to do if there's a conflict. I just turned all of them to manual.

Here is a version that I use for HE

This uses async I/O for the most common operations

To use this you will need your Nuheat username and password along with your thermostat(s) id. You can find the thermostat ID at online. Go into the thermostat and it is the "Thermostat ID".

1 Like

If you grabbed this before, please get the latest update with a bug fix for re-authenticating.

Outstanding.. thanks!

Ha! I've been scratching my head for months and finally thought 'maybe there is an update' -- Sure enough there is!

Works Great!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.