Nue Zigbee Switch

Apologies if this has been asked before but I can’t find a solution on past threads.

Im a complete newbie and just started on my home automation journey. I have a 4-gang Nue Zigbee switch (Australia), got the switch into pairing mode but the device doesn’t pick the switch up at all. First I thought it may be too far from the switch (around 7-10 meters) but got a long network cable and placed the hub within .5 of a meter to the switch and still nothing. I doubt I'm doing something wrong but wont be surprised in I am :blush:

I also have a Smartthings hub and can pick up the switch with the hub. I’ve since removed it from the Smartthings hub so that is not the problem.

Before investing any further into home automation, I would like to get this sorted with a few simple rules so any help would be much appreciated.

I have also tried changing the Zigbee channel but wont change from channel 10.

Thanks in advance!

This is disconcerting, unless you mean 10 in hexadecimal (0x10), because in decimal values zigbee channels range from 11 to 26.

Tagging @bobbyD.

That's right, 11 is correct... Thanks

But it gets better, also just saw the notification "Zigbee network not online". Rebooted the hub and tried resetting the network several times and still getting this message. Am I sitting with a lemon?

If you are unable to change the channel, your Zigbee radio may have a problem. Please be sure to send us an email at support@hubitat.com, so we can further investigate. Also, if you didn't do so already, go to Zigbee Details page and select "Disable". Then go to Settings and select Shut down. When the LED light on the hub turns red, unplug the hub from the wall outlet for 30 seconds before plugging it back. When the hub comes back online, go back to Zigbee Details and select enable. See if you can change the channel after performing these steps.

2 Likes

Dumb question. Did you factory reset the unit before trying to pair to hubitat?

1 Like

Thanks for your reply Bobby, will try that today when I get back home. If that doesnt work, I'll get hold of support via email.

Havent tried factory reset yet, may indeed need to do that.

If you haven't reset it, it won't pair to the new hub I don't think.

So how long before someone gets back to me, I emailed two days ago and this Zigbee fault won't go away. So frustrating seeing as this is the first time actually trying to use the unit in the 3 years I've owned it.

Same here , Issue with 4 gang switch .
I contacted the distributor who sold these switches to me . He was mentioned that we need to add drivers code in order to connect Hubitat. Currently I am waiting for it.

Hope this helps meanwhile :slight_smile: Downloads

Just an update on my side, I got these switches to work on my Smartthings hub using those same instructions. However, it seem that my Hubitat hub still not working, such a waste of money and zero support feedback yet... a bit disappointed.

Curious, did it not pair or did it pair and not find a driver?

Hi, it cannot find the device at all. this notification (Zigbee offline) doesn’t disappear which points to a faulty radio... I think?

At this stage, Im sitting with a expensive paperweight, the disappointing part of this process is the clear lack of support. Not heard anything from anyone yet.

@bobbyD can you help?

1 Like

@Kurt I am a little confused. The only tickets we have on file for your account, are from December 2018, related to Aeotec devices and from 2019 related to mobile app. I see that I suggested to you to send us a ticket so we can check on your Zigbee issue on June 2021. Have you submitted a ticket? If so, do you mind sharing the ticket number so I can follow up to see what is going on?

Thanks. Will try for my double power point.

Hi Mate,

I am using NUE 4gang switch too.. Initially this was problem for me and I went back to the supplier. Issue been solved now and I was able to see more than half a dozen 4 Gang switches.

Please follow the instructions from the YouTube link :

Please change the default name of the switch to Nue ZigBee switch from the scroll menu. This will fix the problem .
Let me know it go.
Thanks and Happy weekend ,
Sree