Nue Zigbee scene switch (used as a 2 way light switch) & double power point drivers

Do as @jchurch suggests and use markus' drivers.

1 Like

Ok then,
Update on the PowerPoint pairing. I swear it didnā€™t work for me initially but maybe the moon and sun were aligned correctly as i have success now :slightly_smiling_face:
On initial pairing it connected as ā€œgeneric Zigbee outletā€ yet only half the double power point worked, I then changed driver to ā€œNue Zigbee switchā€ and all works ok :+1:

Now itā€™s time for me to get some motion/reed sensors any recommendations as to where the best place to get the from?

Not sure if it exists, is there a sort of Zigbee/Z-Wave interface where you can hard wire sensors into it eg. Reed switches. Call me lazy but Iā€™m not a fan of changing batteries every year or so.

Thanks

I think the only way to hard wire sensors id to use something like Konnected. I've got 3 Konnected boards that connect all my alarm sensors to Hubitat

Thanks Greg,
Iā€™ll look into them

Hi all,
Thought Iā€™d start playing with my dashboard and have come to a head scratching situation :thinking:

I have 3 Nue light dimmers that physically work well and have made 3 dashboard tiles using dimmer templates. Initially I can turn them on/off, I then try to adjust the brightness via dashboard and find no response. Iā€™ve tried changing device drivers from Nue to generic, no change, dashboard templates from dimmer to bulb, no change.
With all the playing around with the dimmer, it gets frozen COMPLETELY, Unable to on/off from dashboard or physically from the switch. It gets to the point that I need to turn off/on power to light circuit on fuse box, then switches physically work ok.
My spider senses tell me it might be something to do with the start and stop levels in the device settings????? I donā€™t know 100%

Sorry for the newbie questions :disappointed_relieved:
Moving from a Nue hub to HE hub now feels like a monstrous step for me. I know that thereā€™s a HUGE gain, yet have I bitten off more than I can chew?

Are you using this generic dimmer driver? Don't use the inbuilt one use the generic one I posted and try again. In fact make sure for any of your Nue switches you use these generic drivers that @markus developed.

Btw I have a bunch of Nue switches all using the generic ones and they operate flawlessly. I don't use the inbuilt ones anymore.

Thanks JC,
Iā€™ll play with them today, will let you know how it went.

1 Like

That's strange you say that, cause I've been using the Nue ones that are now built into Hubitat since Mike.Maxwell added them 9 months or so ago, & I've never had any problems with them, not one.

So you have the Nue dimmers? I also had a Nue 1 gang switch that never worked with the native drivers either but then @markus got it working after a few tweaks.

All mine work with them even the scene switch. These are the ones Mike did specifically for Kevins Nue ones

Understood but the native ones are not being maintained as quickly as @markus are. I have worked closely with him to pull the range of them under support with his drivers so it's worth @rkboric giving it a shot because I did have issues in the past with "some" of my Nue switches as well. If he finds something new that the drivers don't cover them @markus would just pull that into his drivers anyways if he politely requested on the forum.

btw if I was you i'd move to @markus drivers anyways just for the presence capability alone. For example I have all my zigbee stuff including Nue switches all being monitored for presence, if for what ever reason it goes offline after x amount of time it pings my phone so I know to do something about it otherwise I wouldn't know until I went to use it. You don't have this with the inbuilt drivers.

1 Like

OK I'll changeto them over the weekend. Thanks

1 Like

just tried the marcus drivers and they are more stable. when i was told initially to use generic drivers, i thought it was referring to the HE generic ones not the marcus ones, my bad.

Using the dashboard to turn on/off is OK,
feedback to dashboard OK, even if adjusting brightness on the switch.

only issue i find now is if I adjust brightness via dashboard slider, there's no response.

All the dimmers, switches and power point came from 3A Kevin approximately 2 years ago

Hi, try the Nue Zigbee drivers that are now built into Hubitat. They where added after Kevin mailed the switches to Mike at Hubitat . Scroll down the lsit of drivers to 'N' & they are there

While using @markus generic dimmer driver and when there is no response can you please send me what you receive in the log? It should show an error / issue.

Greg,
using the Nue inbuilt drivers seem to make it worse, dashboard freezes with hourglass

hers a photo of the dimmer i have, if it helps

Nue zigbee dimmer

OK was worth a try. Wonder if it's something with the Zigbee mesh. I have 22 of Kevins swithes throughout my house so there is a great Zigbee mesh throughout the house

not sure Greg, ive been running all Kevins switches for a few years with the Nue hub and had no problems either. My HE hub is central in the home and have built the mesh from closest to furthest. Hub to furthest switch approx 20 metres with several switches in between. but like i've said no problem previously using the Nue hub. im quite sure i'll get there, the community here is FANTASIC !
really appreciate all the help!!

Have you reached out to Kevin?? Might be worth a try?