NST Manager ported to Hubitat

My Nest keeps setting itself to away.

I have been trying to stop this from happening.

[edit] It has not done it again but I'll keep an eye on it. Thanks so much for the app. Everything else seems to be running great!

Nest has a feature home / away assist, that can change your location settings. In the wiki there is a discussion on automations and that you need to understand what automations are changing parameters.

I have seen home / away assist do strange things in my environment. I have these nest features turned off (including change to eco when away). I let automations do this (either built-in, rules, webcore, etc)

I installed the apps and drivers. I only have 2 Nest Protects. They show up to select in NST Manager but after clicking done they don't show up as devices.

@nh.schottfam

Just a quick note to thank you and @tonesto7 for taking the time to bring this integration to HE. Aside from the rocky initial install woes and a bug in the automations app that was fixed very quickly, I can say that this seems to be running VERY well on HE.

I haven't experimented with all the options yet, and at this point I've only included my thermostat and couple of cameras. So far I'm not seeing any degraded performance on my HE and having the ability to turn my cameras on/off in RM is a HUGE plus for me.

Thanks again!

Finally! This was one of my favorite ST apps.

I did always have an automation question.

Would I be able to use NST to set an automation to kick on the heater when the outside temp drops below a certain temperature or is it best to continue with RM?

@nh.schottfam just noticed that the option to disable debug logging in the "thermostat automation" app seems to always reset to ON regardless of input setting. After I choose done it is still showing the debug logs and the if I go back into the settings the option is re-enabled.

There is an automation to turn off the HVAC system if the temp outside does not warrant heating or cooling, so NST automations can do something like you describe

see: NST Manager - Things That Are Smart Wiki

when you change settings, debug logs go on for 30 mins and auto shutoff.

2 Likes

Well that certainly explains it :grinning:

This port was all @nh.schottfam.

He did all the work

2 Likes

Point taken, well thank you for your work on the original code then.

@nh.schottfam

Found another possible bug. Getting this error in NestMode when toggleing Select Days, Time or Modes Only in These (tap to invert)

app:72382019-02-14 08:28:11.639 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'pName' on null object on line 7130 (setDayModeTimePage)

app:72382019-02-14 08:28:01.445 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot get property 'pName' on null object on line 7130 (setDayModeTimePage)

app:72382019-02-14 08:24:23.744 pm info| NST Automations (NestMode) | autoScheduleOk( dayOk: true | modeOk: true | dayOk: true | timeOk: true | swOk: true | inverted: false)

app:72382019-02-14 08:07:11.484 pm info| NST Automations (NestMode) | checkNestMode: No Changes | ST-Mode: (Night) | NestModeAway: (false) | Away: (false) | Home: (true)

app:72382019-02-14 08:07:11.136 pm info| NST Automations (NestMode) | autoScheduleOk( dayOk: true | modeOk: true | dayOk: true | timeOk: true | swOk: true | inverted: false)

app:72382019-02-14 08:07:11.130 pm debugNST Automations (NestMode) | checkNestMode

Also, the setting set eco mode when away doesn't appear to work, no errors in logs, but it doesn't set eco mode

There is an updated release with a couple of fixes. It should resolve all the issues reported so far.

3 Likes

Seems to have resolved both the concerns I mentioned in previous post. Thanks!

1 Like

Close but no cigar (I think). First off, thank you for porting over my favorite ST app. What I did with RM was to create an automation that would say if external temperature changed to < 60 then turn on heat.

Was hoping to do the same with NST, but no worries.

I do have another question about the 'Comfort Automation' that sets the thermostat to ECO when you are within a desired temperature.

So let's say it is 75 outside and my thermostat is set to 'Cool' 76. The automation will set the thermostat to Eco. Where I get confused is there are threshold timers and understanding how these work. I ask because I asked for a notification when this occurs just to make sure it works and it does but I seem to get a notification now every 2 minutes because the thermostat is set to 'Eco'.

Anybody got Nest Protects set up? I would love if you could share screen shots of the device in HE. What attributes come over? What attributes can be used in RM versus needing WATO?

What about Nest Cam. Can we finally get a camera easily into HE?

Nest protects have the following capabilities:

and the following commands and attributes:

1 Like

@nh.schottfam

I'm assuming there still isn't an API for being able to see the state of the Nest Secure alarm system (disarmed/armed home and guarding/armed away and guarding)?

The presence device has an attribute securityState that reflects the value of the NST API variable
wwn_security_state

https://developers.nest.com/reference/api-structure#wwn_security_state

This has values "ok" or "deter" (and is read-only)

and details on the feature (it is related to nest cameras) Security  |  Nest Developers

As near as I can tell Nest Secure (and Nest Guard) do not appear to have any API currently.

Looking at the link you referenced, it doesn't appear that wwn_security_state relates to nest secure (alarm system) so I guess it's a no go.