Now this is an odd one.... Possible Z-Wave Pairing Bug?

Sound like ST isn't fully excluding it, you should be able to exclude it on HE as well.

If ST wasn't fully excluding it then it wouldn't be able to pair with it again. Also, this was new out of the box, shouldn't needed an exclusion to begin with. Z-Wave pairing is broken. I'll try again with the next update.

1 Like

You never know whether a device was returned or ??? I ALWAYS exclude before pairing even new out of the box. Zwave pairing is not broken. You need to be persistent and make sure you carefully and deliberately follow pairing instructions.

These were both factory sealed. Zwave pairing is broken. 3hrs in one day is enough persistence for me. And I did carefully follow pairing instructions. Read what I said I went through before assuming I didn't try everything.

There would be all sorts of reports of Zwave pairing failures. If you truly believe there is a problem, you need to interact with support@hubitat.com.

If you actually read what I went through how can you actually think there isn't a problem?? geez...

I'm not a newbie, I know how to pair zwave devices. In fact if you had read what I typed above you'd see I have 2 of these exact receptacles already in my system. They paired perfectly months ago. These 2, brand new, factory sealed, devices won't pair with Hubitat no matter what I try. They will however pair nearly immediately with my SmartThings Hub that is twice the distance away as the farthest Hubitat hub from them.

I read what you said. If you think there is a problem, you OWE it to the community to follow through with support. If it hasn't been reported by anyone how will it possibly be fixed in the next release.

By any chance, have you tried shutting down your Hubitat and then powering it off by removing the power cord (for about 30 seconds) and then powering it up again? I was reading in another topic area that doing so seemed to help. I only have a few Z-Wave items and did not experience your issues so I can't say whether this will work or not but it is worth a try.

1 Like

You beat me to it......I thought the same thing as the above posters, then doing a power cycle solved the issue everytime.

2 Likes

The IT Crowd strikes again.

In case you hadn't noticed this post is in the "Support" section...

The Support section is NOT the official way to get support. Emailing is.

Have you tried updating the firmware on the outlets?

I see no option in ST or on Leviton's website that even lists the firmware version much less gives you the option to update it.

Yes, the hubs have all been power cycled numerous times.

And I'm not the only one experiencing Z-wave pairing issues:

Uhhhh lol

Yeah looks like the only firmware updates are for the dimmer/switches and the plug-in dimmer device.

Installed 2.0.9.126... Tried Z-Wave pairing for the receptacle. Found and paired the receptacle almost immediately..

So yeah, Z-Wave was broken...

My HE is up to date and I'm having problems with these outlets. They worked fine with my RPI and z-stick, but the HE doesn't want to find them. I've tried all the rebooting and exclusion and such. They are not listed as supported devices on the Hubitat website. Is there any chance this is true? My outlet is only 15 or 20' from the nearest repeater, so I don't think distance is the issue although it is the only other possible problem.

Your best optimum zwave signal comes after a hub "shutdown" (not reboot) and pulling the power cord after the light turns red for 30 seconds performing a power cycle, if you cannot get it to exclude/include after this then it probably won't work......although most generally even "non supported" devices will usually still pair as a "device" at which you will have to pick a random driver hoping to get it to work.

2 Likes

If you haven't already after including several devices, you should probably perform a zwave repair before doing a power cycle to ensure your devices neighbor tables are built out as well.

1 Like