Fibaro big red button. Yes that one!

Hello all.....I have a Fibaro big red button, but I can't seem to get it to pair. HE will discover it and start initializing, but it never finishes. I've included and excluded it a number of times, but no luck. Its on the device compatibility list, but I'm at a loss. Thanks in advance.

I've had this happen with a device and it's usually 1 of 2 things.

1. I don't think HE exclude always works. Do you have another hub you can use for exclude? I sometimes have to exclude devices that won't pair to HE with my Ring hub.

2. Some devices will not pair unless very close to the hub. Have you tried camping out at your hub to pair this?

1 Like

Battery powered devices generally go to sleep very quickly. It is possible the button goes to sleep before the pairing process completes. Check to see if there is a way to wake the button for a period of time. Start this as you get the Initializing message. Zwave devices usually have this for setting device parameters. It may take a few tries but be persistent.

1 Like

Thanks for your suggestions. I've tried to include and excluded right on top of my HE. I've used another controller to exclude as well (which it does successfully). I've tried to wake it up while it should still be in the inclusion process with many different types of presses just in case. It will include and exclude with HE, but the inclusion process just never gets past initialization. I also tried hub restarts, removing the battery from the button.......I just can't think of what else to do.

I've had Vera and zwave for 6 years, so I don't think I missed something, but I'm always finding new surprises!

Did you try a hub shutdown (not reboot) when the light turns red, unplug the power cord for 30 seconds (power cycling the hub) then repowering up the hub before beginning the exclusion/inclusion process?......I've found this resets the zwave radio when I have pairing issues.

Not yet. I'm actually having other issues after I ran a z-wave heal. Messed up a number of other devices on my network. Might have something to do with it. As soon as I fix the other problems. I'll come back and try again.

Welp tried the power shutdown trick. That didn't work either. I guess its time to try official support to see what they have to suggest. I'm still confused why its on the compatible device list if its not working, but its probably something specific to something I've got going on. Will let you know what the result is.

It's not a very common device. Hopefully support can help and hopefully in the meantime somebody with the device can chime in and shed some light if there were any gotchas.

Yeah sent an email to support. Just waiting for a response now besides that its being given to the proper department!

Did you get a fix for this device? Mine wont pair either