Notifications to my iphone

I have been trying to have the hub send my text notifications to my phone if my sensors are triggered. I have it set up to my iphone in the notifications app and in rules. When triggered, it shows on my dashboard, but i don't receive the text notifications on my iphone. Any suggestions? I am a novice and learning my way so please be specific. Thank you all for all your assistance.

To get your mobile device setup for notifications, did you do something like this?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_create_new_presence_and_push_notification_devices

1 Like

I did, thank you and the hub does send notifications to the notifications app. Is there anyway to receive text notifications to my phone as I would receive regular texts as an alert? For free without using a 3rd party ?

Did you set Hubitat notifications to "on" in the IOS settings/Notifications (on your phone)? Not the same as an iMessage but may work for your needs.

i did. that would be great if it would work. I tried it, but no notification.

Text messages require a third party account such as Twilio.

1 Like

He's talking sms notifications. I would recommend pushover as it's more in your face. Hubitat itself doesn't support sms notifications. Instead it relies on push oauth notifications (as does pushover)

I am now trying to receive push notifications and have not been successful. I must be missing something in the procedure. I have it set up in notifications and on my Apple Iphone in notifications, but still can't get it to work. Can anyone please send me the procedure step by step? I followed the process from the Hubitat directions, but I probably missed a step or missed mitting the correct button somewhere. I really appreciate the community help!