Notifications failing and Geofence Acting Oddly

I have two hubs at two different locations. I am having some odd issues with the mobile app;

1. Notifications are not working, except very occasionally. I have tried rebooting hubs, deleting and reinstalling the app on two devices, sending a text from the mobile device page and have made sure notifications are turned on.

What else should I do?

1. Geofence is behaving strangely. Both hubs show the device as present…in spite of the being 100 miles apart from each other. And a geoevent does not make a change. Stranger still, the geofence for the distant hub seems to be reset ever time I access the app from home.

Any ideas?

Regarding the geofence... A recent update to the app (1.6.8 build 126) caused some problems in the geofence reporting correctly. As far as I know, the solution right now is to join the beta on Android (where it has been fixed in build 128) or wait for the fix to make it to the 'stable' version.

You should also check that battery optimization settings are off for the Hubitat app. Otherwise, the phone will put the app to sleep and it won't report your location.

1 Like

Here is the link to the other thread with all the details but Equis summed it up nicely.
https://community.hubitat.com/t/geofence-not-working-in-1-6-7/86612/54

Thanks. I will wait for the new app version. I still do not have Hubitat notifications, but I took the opportunity to start using Pushover. Would really like to have it work though!