Notification reporting bad information

Hey all,

Ok here is my situation, I have 2 separate SONOFF contact sensors, the offending one is testing the door being left open, So the sensor is normally left open. Below is the even log for the device, take note of the time the event reported as OPEN.

Next screen shot is the even log from the NOTIFICATION, which is telling me after being open, the door is actually closed. Ironically JUST announced it again.

Now that I have this all typed out, I will simply close then open the door again to reset, but this is the sort of thing only I will take action so hoping to not annoy the rest of my family..

thoughts??

Can you get a screenshot of the Notifier setup?

Yes, happy to grab this for you, but anything further will be waiting likely until tomorrow.

Looks like a coincidence and it opened just past the 10 minute wait time for the notification. But I do agree that the subsequent notifications at 10:59, etc, they do appear to be odd. I'm wondering if there is some kind of random timing issue with when it starts to wait for the next event to cancel the 10 minute warnings.

To get you to something that won't keep bugging you, you could also introduce the setting to stop after a set number of repeats.

Hey all, so the announcement at 10:59 I'm not concerned about, that was right about when I did open the door, it's the 2 others, at 11:09 and 11:19 that are concerning me. I am hesitant to not stop after so many times, as this is set up to ensure anyone who is really in the house when the door really is closed, to ensure it's dealt with.

OOOPS I didn't hit reply...

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.