Notification didn't notify me of water leak

Yeah that initial part works just like that, but now go to a different page in HE and tell GH to "sync my devices". Then go back in to the HE GH integration... Bet a buck-fiddy those sensors aren't in the Devices list anymore.

1 Like

Thanks. How do I find/install the community GH app?

BTW, I also have several Alexa devices. I went into the Amazon Echo app and added the water sensors, but when I went back to HSM and click the On this speech device none of my Alexa's show up. Is there something more I have to do to choose and Alexa to be the speech device?

I think you are confusing how the system works. Adding sensors to Alexa, Google Home, or Apple HomeKit has nothing to do with allowing Hubitat to use those voice assistants as Text To Speech (TTS) devices.

In order to use an Amazon Echo as a TTS device, using the Hubitat HSM app, you would first need to add the Echo devices to Hubitat using the community written Echo Speaks integration.

In order to do so with a Google Home device, you would need to use the Hubitat Chromecast integration.

In order to do with with an Apple Homepod (or similar), you would need to add those devices using the new Apple Airplay integration that Hubitat just added in 2.3.6.

I have all of my leak sensors added to my Apple Homekit Home, and I have noticed that these do show up correctly in HomeKit, and HomeKit automagically notifies me when any of those sensors goes to WET. This is in addition to my Pushover notifications from Hubitat that I set up on the Hubitat hub to happen.

3 Likes

When I searched for Echo Speaks by clicking on Add User App it didn't find anything. I then used the Hubitat Package Manager and it found 2. One was called Echo Speaks and the other is called Echo Speaks (BETA). Both are by Anthony S. Am I correct that I want the Echo Speaks one and not the Beta one?

"Add User App" isn't a search tool. It's just used to activate / turn on a community app's code that you already have added to your HE (via HPM, GitHub, etc)

Thanks. Do you know if I want the Beta or non-Beta version?

Sorry, not sure. I don't use Alexa/Echo at all.

You would most likely want the non-Beta version... Before you head down that road, I encourage you to read the following thread. Echo Speaks requires another 'server' running somewhere, to keep everything properly authenticated. This may or may not be something you want to tackle.

4 Likes