Nothing but on/off works for my Magic Home controllers now?

I don't know what changed - but I added a few more magic home RGBW controllers to use with Alexa and some rope lights in my kids' rooms and the led strips work with the magic home app, and they turn on and off with my hubitat, but all my previous rule machine actions no longer work to set level and colors on events, on my new devices, or my old established devices with rules created already. I'm not sure when it got broken - but every time I try to change any settings (hue, level, color, white level, etc.) it gives me the same error:

dev:4322021-06-22 01:14:20.232 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (setWhiteLevel)

dev:4322021-06-22 01:14:15.839 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (setSaturation)

dev:4322021-06-22 01:09:45.677 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (setHue)

dev:4322021-06-22 01:09:44.567 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (setHue)

dev:4322021-06-22 01:09:36.133 am errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 231 (setColor)

I tried to import the latest version of the drivers I'm using by @adamkempenich here: hubitat/Drivers/MagicHome at master · adamkempenich/hubitat (github.com)

But the latest version is 0.89 which is what I already was using... and hasn't fixed the problem importing the "MagicHome Wifi - Controller (RGB + W)" which is what I was using.

Sounds like the devices haven’t set their initialized values. Go through and set the color on each one using the color picker in Hubitat and it should clear up. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have to put a value for all five of the last fields and then it starts working again. Strange that it was working fine until yesterday or the day before without values in those fields...

1 Like

Yeah. I need to put some work into those drivers…

We now have seven of these magic home led strips in our house and use them all the time. I wish Alexa had more voice commands for the controllers. Is that driver related on your end, or just how the hubitat skill works with passing commands? I've tried saying "Present 37" or such to see if that would trigger things... I've tried using the native Magic Home Alexa driver, homebridge plugin with Siri support, etc. Just wanted more functionality like color rotating, speed control, etc.

I’m not sure if Alexa supports that via Hubitat. The current integration doesn’t use the built-in LightEffects method, but it does have the effects built in a custom way.. @bobbyD , does the Alexa integration support LightEffects?

What are the "LightEffects"? How do you trigger them within Hubitat?

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Driver_Capability_List#LightEffects

Just different light effects like color loops, etc…

Right, but how do you trigger it? Alexa doesn't support the cap, however, I am thinking that creating a virtual device and having a rule when virtual device turns on, trigger the XYZ effect should work. You can add the virtual device to Alexa so you can say, Alexa turn on XYZ effect.

No idea. I was surprised when @erik.tank made it seem like it could be done.

I was hoping it was possible... the virtual device could be a way to do it - I'll look into it. But if you have any magic that could enhance Alexa's capacity - that'd rock too! :slight_smile: