Not turning off: lights not on

I'd like to set up a simple "no-motion off" automation such that when there's no motion, press one of the button in Lutron keypad to turn off 10+ individual switches in the living room area.

From the log, the app is not pressing that button since it thought no lights are on. How can I tell the app which switch status reflect the on/off status?

I tried to list the switches individually in both of the following, but it didn't help.

• switches to turn on lights when turned on.
  • switches to turn off lights when turned off.

Below is how I tried

Activating any of these switches will turn the lights on or off and let the app know that the lights are on or off, but you haven’t selected any lights.

I'd suggest importing this setup into Room Lighting. It's a little clearer what's happening when using buttons that control multiple lights. But RL can be a complicated app.

Make sure to set up 'Switches that determine all Lights are off'

Thanks! I will take a look.

How can I select lights in this case? I don't want the motion sensor to turn on any lights, and for vacancy turn-off action, I need it to send a button push action.

I didn't find a place where I can let the app know that if any of the 10 switches are on, the lights are considered on and it needs to push that off button in vacancy.

Create a group in the Groups and Scenes app with the ten switches and select the option to show if any devices are on in the group. Then, maybe try one of the don’t turn on options in ML

@jisi.liu This is not the right advice. You should do what @bill.d recommended above, and import your Motion Lighting into Room Lighting. Then you can make whatever adjustments you need.

If that’s the case, then he probably needs to start from scratch. He didn’t select any lights in ML to turn on. He just wants the app to turn the lights off if no motion is detected, but not turn them on with motion. That’s why I suggested what I did. I haven’t tried to do that before, so I wasn’t sure if it would work, or be better served by a simple rule.