Not receiving pushover alerts when DND is enabled

Since migrating to pushover from SMS I've noticed my Android phone does not trigger pushover alerts when do not disturbed in enabled. I have a Samsung S20 and there are no options in the DND settings to allow apps to override them. When Hubitat offered SMS this wasn't a problem as incoming texts always came through and triggered an audible alert on my phone.

I have several water sensors in the basement I want to make sure are operational. For now I have to disable DND at night on my phone as the only workaround. Am I missing something? Thanks.

Yes, there is an option within Pushover for Critical/Breakthru Alerts. Once you have this enabled within the Pushover App on your phone, you will need to tweak the string that is being sent out for your Hubitat Notifications to include the '[H]' or '[E]' prefix without the single quotes.

So, if you currently send "Water leak in kitchen!", it would become "[H]Water leak in kitchen!"

1 Like

Note: I am an iOS user, but I am 99% sure there is a way to do this in Android as well.

From the following Pushover blog post...

"Our Android application has had similar functionality since 2013 by optionally playing notification sounds as alarms, bypassing the device's mute switch."

https://blog.pushover.net/posts/2020/2/ios-critical-alerts

1 Like

Thanks Ogiewon! I finally figured it out. For those that have a Samsung phone this might be helpful. App override for DND is not in the DND section but actually in the application section.

2 Likes