Not receiving any notifications at all

I cannot get any notifications to work. Tried notification app, rule machine, basic rules app. I do get Geo fence updates. I noticed when going to notifications in the hubitat app I have a red circling ring that never stops. It's stuck there. I have uninstalled/re-installed the app, my phone device. I love the idea of the Hubitat, but I've spent the past 4 days trying to get 2 features working. The Alexa integration is working now, but I'm still trying to solve my notification issue. I checked that my notifications for hubitat are turned on in my phone settings. If anyone could offer a solution it would be great. I am using a samsung phone.

Did you create a device for your mobile phone?
On your phone app, go to settings -> about:
Do you have a hub id and mobile id?

Yes. I deleted the phone device and re-added by sending a geo event as well. I do show a hub ID and mobile app ID in about. Is there another way to manually create the phone device in the hubitat hub? I have been letting the hub detect it when I send a geo event.

Thank YOu.

I dont know what exactly made it work, but i uninstalled my device again, logged out of the app, logged back in, sent a notification from the hubitat app and received it then closed the hubitat app on my phone and ran the basic rule app to test and that worked as well. It's finally good, but some of these features are so hard to get working. I've done all this before, but this time it just so happened to start working. Happy to have it work though. Thanks for the help.