Not able to recover password

I have my hub set up under an email address I want to discontinue using because of cost. I need to change the hub over to my gmail.com account.

Apparently at some point in the past I have set up a hubitat account under my gmail.com address. I tried to reset the password, but I get a message that says the password on that account cannot be changed. It says to contact support, but this is the only support site I can find for hubitat.

@support_team

1 Like

If you set it up a long time ago, you probably used the Google account log in. That password is managed by Google. In order to use my.hubitat.com, you will need to convert to a Hubitat account.

https://my.hubitat.com/migrate

Thank you for the quick response.

Migrating did have some effect. My motto is "If you are wrong for a different reason, you are improving. I guess I am improving.

Now when I try to login I get a message that says "User is not confirmed. "

Check your email. You should have a verification code to confirm the account. (may be expired by now, so you may need to request a new one).

I have a confirmation code from 2019. It does appear to be expired, as you suggested.

I have tried to log in and try to get a confirmation email. The mail never arrives. I have searched email, including the spam folder. My email seems to be stuck in some type of limbo. I would like to buy a new C8 hub and subscribe to remote access. However, I don't want to do it until I can get the account information sorted out.

Send me a private message along with your email address and I'll take a look at your account.

UPDATE: I sent you a private message to get more details from you (check the upper corner for a notification).

I am not sure where we are on this. Are you still needing information?

@bobbyD

No, I haven't heard back from you until earlier today on our PM. Thought you received the email verification for the password reset. I'll send it again, please check your email for the verification code. Without the verification code, you will not be able to reset the password.

1 Like

I do not see a confirmation. I have looked in the spam and trash folder as well as doing a google search. That is the problem. For some reason I am not getting the confirmation emails.