Not a great start

If you can "revert" to a 2.2.5 from diagnostics tool (on port 8081), it should work now. But you don't have to upgrade, 2.2.4.158 can hold its own. The new version reminder is just that - a reminder.

Excellent, thank you! Will go to work on the switches, etc., now, just to start to have some control back, then turn attention to updating later.

Thanks for everyone's help, very much appreciated!

Erik

FYI...My process when I moved over from SmartThings was:

• Excluded all devices from ST hub (Rip off the bandaid approach so I could start Hubitat w/a strong mesh built outwards from the hub)
  • Some people turn of their ST/Wink, etc., hub so it can't inadvertenly interfere w/the inclusion process.
  • Excluded each device again on HE hub before including it (insurance to ensure the device's Z-Wave info is completely clear)
  • Started w/devices closest to my hub and then moving outward, doing repeaters, plugs, and switches that were mains powered
  • Do the inclusion
  • Confirm working/controllable from HE device page
  • Do the next device....etc.

Can't rememner the exact timing but I I was able to include all my ST devices in a day or so. Rebooting after several devices may help keep the hub "fresh" while you're adding a lot of devices in a row.

If you have a bad/failed Z-Wave include, ensure you check out the Z-Wave Details page and if you have a devices that is missing data on the Clusters and/or Routing column, you'll need to remove it before continuing. Remove power from the device that didn't include properly, hit Refresh on the device row until you see a Remove button, then hit the Remove button. Search on "Removing Ghosts" if you run into those types of issues and can't resolve them.

Thank you! Since Wink went down earlier this week, I wasn't able to exclude from the hub beforehand. Not sure if that's an issue though...? So far, I haven't been able to find any devices (all Z wave). Starting at the closest ones (10-12 feet away), using all the various methods I can find mentioned to put into factory reset... Wonder if there's anything obvious I've overlooked?

Try excluding the devices, you can exclude them w/the Hubitat hub, devices don't care what hub excludes them, even if they've never been on that hub. Exclusion is just erasing z-wave data on the device.

1 Like

I've been following the instructions (Click the "Start Z-Wave Exclusion" button. Press the appropriate button or button combination on the device (see manufacturer's instructions). and you should see a message "Unknown Z-Wave Device was excluded". This means this device no longer is associated with a previous Z-Wave network and can now be paired with Hubitat Elevation®.), but have yet to see anything like "Unknown Z-Wave Device was excluded". I of course don't have manufacturer's instructions, so am relying on what I can find online (GE light switch, Jasco zw4101 Plug-In), but so far nothing shows up....

Are you starting w/the devices closest to your hub? Make sure you're doing that.

Do a full shut down of the hub:

1. Turn off hub in Settings>Shut Down Hub
  2. Pull the plug to remove power from the hub - do this at the wall, not at the USB connection on the hub, which can be a little fragile.
  3. Wait 30s, then restore power and let the hub boot up
  4. Try the exclude again.

For the exclude - which model GE light switch/dimmer(s) do you have?

Copying @JasonJoel for more expertise - he is the Jasco/GE/Honeywell king around here, has written some excellent drivers for them.

My "GE" cheat sheet shows this - but this is only for the zwave plus models, and even then only if you did not set the "alternate exclusion" parameter.

Personally if I were moving from one hub to another, and not planning on re-using the old hub in my house, I wouldn't bother excluding them - I would factory reset them, then pair them to the new hub.

Pair Reset
GE Motion Dimmer/Switch Single tap 10 UP
GE Switch/Fan/Enbrighten Single tap 3 UP, 3 DOWN
GE Plug-in Dimmer/Switch Single tap Hold button, plug in, hold for 3s
2 Likes

Got it! Will do next. I've got the GE In-Wall Smart Switch, ZW4005 in most of the rooms. Have no plans to re-use the old hub, so will go straight to resetting after doing the full shut down of the hub.

Thank you!

Erik

1 Like

Found this additional info related to Jason's info for resetting your GE switches:

• The LED will flash ON/OFF 5 times when completed successfully.

Hmm, nothing showing up at all. Tried with the GE switch (probably a version from 2015), the JASCO switch, as well as a much newer EVA LOGIK Smart Outlet ( ZW36 ), but only see "Found Devices:", nothing else showing up. Is there a chance the Wink going down also damaged the switches on the hub?

I just tried with a brand new out of the box GE Plug-in Outdoor Smart Switch (plugging it in indoors, near the Hubitat hub), and not seeing anything on the Device Discovery screen after putting into inclusion and hitting the GE switch button. Not sure if there's something else I'm missing or maybe doing wrong?

Thanks for any further guidance!

Erik

Been a long time since I paried mine...some posts I've saved in the past:

So my steps were...
Turn off power
Press the button on the outdoor switch
Plug it in and hold button for 3 seconds. Device toggles the relay a few times
Power off
Power on
Press the button to turn on the outlet
Select Exclude on the new hub (doesn't make sense since I never included it)
Press button on outdoor switch
Select Include on new hub

And this:

1. If plugged in, unplug the Switch from the receptacle. 2. Press and hold the button for at least 3 seconds while you plug the switch into a receptacle.

Have you tried going to the settings menu, do a shutdown. Then unplug the Hubitat at the wall. Wait 1 minute, and plug back in.

2 Likes

Thank you, yes have done shutdown procedure twice now, and the recommended approaches on the outdoor switch (using it indoors near the hub), but still nothing. Not sure what I'm missing. Could hub itself be broken?

Erik

Fairly unlikely it is broken. I would look at a couple things.

• Can you screenshot your Zwave details page. (Settings tab, Zwave Details)

• Also, do logs show anything when trying to include? Open a new tab or browser window and watch logs when trying to either exclude or include. If anything shows there you might want to screenshot any errors or messages that come up.

1 Like

Also, are you on 2.2.5.124? There was a Zwave fix that might apply to you.

Hmm, I'm on 2.2.4.158

And now when trying to open the Zwave Details page, I get:

"Waiting for 192.168.87.195..." message for a minute or two, then page:

Error 500

A Server error has occurred

If you are seeing this screen repeatedly, please contact Support. For assistance, email support@hubitat.com or go to community.hubitat.com.

I'm thinking I should attempt the update again, then start fresh. May wait until morning...

Erik

Ah, try updating. Hopefully the latest 2.2.5 update will fix this. See the post above.

Also, this seems to be similar to what you are experiencing.

1 Like

I had to try it before falling asleep.... and lo and behold, it works! Thank you everyone for help and guidance on this! Super appreciated.

Erik

5 Likes