Node-Red why am I getting two notifications

It seems like there are 3 causes and the RBE node is just covering up the problem:

1. The device is sending multiple actions and that should be visible in the HE logs if info/debug logging is enabled
  2. There is a Motion Contact Sensor Device Node somewhere else with Send Events checked that is sending the 2nd message. This would make sense if the RBE node isn't working.
  3. The switch node is allowing both Open & Closed thru for the sensor. Since the msg.payload.value would be different, this would also mean that RBE wouldn't do any good.
2 Likes

Yeah I like your #2 option.

It would be interesting to see the duplicated output from the debug node.

as well as what is going on in the Switch node..

1 Like

I think the WS possibility should be eliminated as well.

1 Like

@douglaspitman - can you check your HE Config and on the "advanced" tab see if you have "Use Websocket" checked? If so uncheck it and see what happens.

1 Like

This might have already been said, I only skimmed the thread, but I would put a delay node after the device node and rate limit it to one message per X seconds, drop intermediates.

1 Like

It was the option 3 above. I had the switch node misconfigured. It was sending both open then closed through. Websockets wasn't checked. Thanks for all your guidance.

4 Likes

Dang missed it by THIS much!!! :pinching_hand:

3 Likes

But YOU were the first one to ask to see the setup of the Switch Node.

3 Likes