Node-red 'time-range' node wrong time

Synology NAS via docker - The NAS is right. node-red time stamp) shown in first post, is the right time.

Rebooting - been a while.

something is stuck. just need to figure out what.

@morningz or @JasonJoel or @aaiyar
Anything you can think of to make the time 8 hours off? Probably the obvious? But what?
:grin:

Doublecheck the timezone in your environments? Maybe it's keeping the right time but the zone is funky?

Debug has correct time stamp.

But if I set it to sunset. The time stamp is for 8:36pm which is correct for tonight.

So .... this is promising then? Did it show that before? what does the countdown say?

I don't understand the question, The time stamp has always been right.

Ok check this If I set it to sunset (which is 8:30 tonight) it nails the time (timers says 8:30 hours from now). Then I set it to 20:30 (8:30pm right?) It says 4 hours from now!! How did I loose 4 hours?

Maddening.

Deploy it and then restart nodered and see if it corrects. That is so strange. It's like it's pulling two different timezones or something?

It still thinks 20:30 is 4 hours away but sunset is 8 hours away.

I guess, but shouldn't that all come from the same lat/long?

@april.brandt can you test your node for me please?

If I change yours (in the json above) from sunset to 20:30 I get the same "error" maybe bad programming?

Stand by .. already doing that

What is this?

Mine comes up right - It's 11:17 am right now

1 Like

What does it do for you if you leave the long and lat to mine? currently 11:20 am cst

somethings wrong somewhere.

jacked up

checked CLI and it is right too.

This is beyond what I know. Need one of the hitters to chime in on this one. Are you a member of the NR community? Perhaps post your question there? They speak geek mostly, but they come up with good answers sometimes.

I'll tag them again
@morningz @JasonJoel and I think that @aaiyar is out and about this morning as I was texting him.

2 Likes

No I should likely check it out. Usually the smart guys around here are enough for what I need.

Thanks a bunch for your help. I can always "live with it" and work around the offset, but not my nature to do things "the wrong way". I'll see if one them has an idea then maybe check out the NR forums.

I just texted aaiyar. if he's in the position to peek and comment he will. Otherwise I'm sure they'll weigh in later.

1 Like

:hugs:

For now I added a 240 offset and the world is rotating correctly again.

3 Likes