Node Red Sonos Mute Event

Hello. I was wondering if there is a way to initiate a Sonos "mute" event when starting a flow in Node Red. I'm aware of the HE Sonos integration option, however I was looking to offload the Sonos control app to Node Red by itself (less load on HE). Any feedback greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Sure there is. There are multiple node-red Sonos integrations. I use node-red-contrib-sonos-http-api, and I routine set volumes, and mute/unmute using it. I'm sure the other node-red Sonos integrations also permit this.

Yes, but how can I subscribe to a Sonos mute event from Node Red directly connected to Sonos API? I'm aware I can do this with HE, but was wondering if this is possible with NR directly.

With the node-red Sonos integration I use, you can use an inject mode that repeats every second connected to a Sonos status node to monitor the status of any desired Sonos player. And then use a change in status (eg. if msg.payload.mute becomes true) to trigger your sequence.

Yeah, I think that would work. Polling is certainly always an option I guess, wasn't sure if the Sonos integration provided websockets for push message vs poll. This will work, thank you!

If I set it up this way, will it actually poll the physical sonos speaker every second or does this stay local to the sonos node instance?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.