Node Red Room Aware Voice Control

I went back to Google Assistant and used the community app for HE. I assigned my Sonos One GA devices to my respective rooms within the GH app. Within the GA HE app, I created a temperature control device. I then created a virtual temp device named cable box that has the temperature attribute. I shared this device with Google Home app, then created simple routines for each channel. I can now say "ESPN" and then then GA routine will invoke "set the cable box to 206". This in turn calls the setTemperature method, which Node Red listens for the temp attribute. Within NR, I then use the temp as a channel number and send to my respective IR blaster device. Works great and there is no unnecessary confirmation response!

Something else to note, I have multiple cable box virtual devices for each room, GA does a good job understanding room context despite your devices having similar names ( Living Room Cable Box, Master Bedroom Cable Box, etc).

FYI - there is a channel trait supported by GH, but it is not currently supported in the HE app below.

Here is the Google Home Community HE app.

Wow, nice work! I think I'll stick with Alexa as I have room awareness sorted already. But thanks for pointing me in a new direction, now I will use a (single) virtual Alexa light switch in Home Assistant through emulated Philips hue bridge and use the 1-254 brightness values to control my Broadlink IR blaster. If that doesn't work out then I'll try using your app through the Hubitat integration on HA. Cheers