Node-RED not receiving updates

I've successfully setup/configured both my RPi running Node-RED and my HE7. I have a couple of flows which successfully control HE devices but none of my HE devices on my NR flow "update" their status when the device is changed in HE (i.e. motion sensor, light, Mode). Anyone have a suggestion as to where I need to look to get the updates flowing from HE to NR?

Could you screen capture your Maker API setup page. Don't forget to blur out or delete your token. Also, do a screen capture of your Hubitat Configuration Node in Node Red.

Also, to confirm, when you say they don't update in Node Red, does that mean a change in device state in HE doesnt change corresponding device state in Node Red or that a change of state of device isn't triggering the flow?

1 Like

Hasn't happened to me in a while but if you go to the Configuration Node in NR for your Hubitat instance and click the Configure Webhook button it seems to kickstart the message flow.

1 Like

And @k5map's HE Nodes config page (first tab) in Node-RED as well.

1 Like

Here's my "network hub" config in Node-RED and HE Maker API.. For extra giggles I hit the "configure webhook" button again.. also blanked out my device list thats why nothing is showing.

1 Like

Here are screenshots of my NR and HE7

Iā€™m not sure that Hubitat can resolve .local addresses. Can you reconfigure using the actual IP address of the computer running node-red?

1 Like

@aaiyar ... you nailed it... I changed the FQDN to IP address and now updates in HE7 are being sent over to NR. Much thanks!

2 Likes

FWIW, .local addresses are not FQDNs. They are resolved by mDNS, for which support varies.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.