Node-RED not receiving updated device info, even though hubitat is sending it

Hello,

My NodeRED is able to send commands to hubitat and update devices and such. But when I use the Events node or a Device node to receive data from hubitat it does not work. The logs in hubitat show that they are sending the correct info, but then what is logged in NodeRED is what the specified value was at flow deployment.

Should my NodeRED console be displaying a log for an event when it receives an updated value via the webhook? Because when I update a value for a device nothing shows in the NodeRED console.

When I search around for this type of issue it is usually due to the config/setup being slightly incorrect. I tried updating / changing my values for those like 3 times but just keep getting the same result.

I have 5 of my 6 Hubitat hubs connecting to Node-Red and I can't remember any occasion when I thought it failed.

I just upgraded NR to the latest 3.1.8 a few hours ago, so my logs are filled with startup clutter -- but it clearly shows that NR is receiving traffic.

NR logs
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBed ReadingSwitch] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBed WallDimmer] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBed TableLamp RGBTW Bulb] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBed RGBW Bulb] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:Kitchen Window] Initialized. contact: closed
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSenZigbAA (Front EntryWay)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6V (midStairs)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSenZigbS (livingroom)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:Livingroom Guest Pico] Initialized
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:KitchenSink Motion] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6B (masterBath wc)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6F (masterbed)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBath WallDimmer] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:Multisensor6H (masterBath sink)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6D (study)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6X (Kids)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:Study TV Outlet] Initialized. switch: on
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBath WC Light] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MasterBath WC Fan] Initialized. switch: off
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:mmWave Detector (MasterBath)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:mmWave Detector (MasterBath) Lux] Initialized. illuminance: 210
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6H (masterBath sink) Lux] Initialized. illuminance: 75
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:mmWave Detector (MasterBed)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:Study Dimmer Module] Initialized. switch: on
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6F (masterbed)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:mmWave Detector (MasterBed)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSenZigbY (UpperHall)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSenDomeU (office3)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6A (officeDesk)] Initialized. motion: active
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSenZigbAD (MasterBed Closet)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSensor6E (upperBath wc)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:MultiSenZigbP (UpperBath Sink)] Initialized. motion: inactive
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:mmWave Detector (UpperBath wc)] Initialized. motion: active
2 Apr 11:10:13 - [info] [hubitat device:mmWave Detector (UpperBath wc)] Initialized. motion: active
2 Apr 11:10:14 - [info] [pushover api:d6be77da.28e768] pushover POST succeeded:

Is the "URL to POST device events to" populated in the Maker API instance?

Should be something like this.

My NR will have these 'initialized' logs and will read and output the current/correct values for devices. But when I update a device value, I believe that event should push to NR, right? I don't see any logs for those sort of things and the values for devices are not being updated in NR.

I think these logs though indicate that NR is able to successfully call the 'get' endpoints that are listed in the Maker API, but they aren't indicative of NR able to receive posts successfully from the maker API.

I dont think NR stores the values for the devices? Dont you need to have a node that listens for events for a particular device (or all events)?

Make a device node, or events node and then string it a debug log output to test. When you change the state in a device it should push a debug log.

In response to this post I decided to re-check everything and things still weren't working. I ended up just re-setting up all of the maker API and turning all my devices I was trying to work with off and then on as well and I'm not sure what did it but things seem to be working now. Not the most satisfying the solution, lol.

Thank you for your help though!

It's all too possible I'm not fully understanding the issue...

I don't get logs per event in NR. My NR logs are limited to pushover, google home, and Function Nodes I've created with node.warn messages added.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 3.16.16 PM

That particular device is a virtual motion sensor in Hubitat and it has an automatic 15 second "off" (inactive).

In the Debug pane, I get:

AND, because I added Console to the debug node, my logs show:

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 3.19.08 PM

If it weren't for the console enable in debug, my logs would display nothing... as expected.

Screenshot 2024-04-03 at 3.22.23 PM