Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Great work! Just wish i could do this with Denon HEOS speakers.....

If you don't have this palette - you should get it. I don't have Denon speakers, but it seems like it would give you a good start:

1 Like

I saw that, and tbh, i just assumed it was for receivers.
But i should probably give it a go!

Which pallete? node-red-contrib-sonos-plus?

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

Are you able to get your Sonos to perform TTS through Node Red? If so, could you share how?

I have a question about locks - how can I differentiate between manual unlock (like from the inside) vs keypad unlock. I know to look at lastCodeName but is there another attribute/property somewhere?

Can anyone give an overview explanation of arguments that can be used with command nodes?

1. How do arguments get passed? (I think I understand that the argument can be built in the node or passed in as msg.argument)

2. How do you know what any given argument should be? (Last night I was messing with sending commands to a bulb and it showed argument,argument in the argument field. Turns out the first was the level and the second was the transition duration. ie. 100,5 resulted in a 5 second transition to maximum brightness)

3. Using the example above, is there an easy non-trial and error method of figuring out what argument can be passed? (I thought maybe it would be possible to look at the options showing for the device itself in HE, but it did not show an option of intensity and duration. It only offered the ability to set intensity. Thus NR actually has more capability, but at the cost of having to experiment to figure it out)

4. What are the current limitations of the arguments? (Based on reading the thread some, it looks like there are cases where when setting a color, multiple components have to be passed separately.)

5. Are there known/expected changes to argument handling coming either with future firmware updates that will enhance the Maker API or with future versions of the NR nodes?

Up to now, I have largely been focusing on pulling data from HE to NR, but am starting to ramp up controlling items and hope to be as efficient as possible at taking advantage of the NR node capability.

Go into the Maker API app in the Hubitat console, you'll see a link that says "Get All Devices with Full Details"

You'll see a complete list of devices with the complete list of commands for each device

As you noted, Maker API can't seem to handle an array of values

No one knows, Hubitat plays their hands close to the vest

When you open the command node and select a device, click on the drop-down list for command. That will tell you if there are any arguments, and how many. If you go into Hubitat and open that device, each button represents a command and if there are any attributes, they are shown below the button and a description for each:

This Alexa-Remote2 node os going to be the end of me !!

I keep getting caught in a loop of "open 192.168.2.71:3456 in your browser" for all Alexa nodes. Running through that process doesn't do a damn thing. It says it was successful (" Amazon Alexa Cookie successfully retrieved. You can close the browser.") but it does nothing :frowning:

Unreliable is easily the worst thing of these pieces of code can be

Somewhere in the 1800+ posts in this thread are some that I started about this and how to fix. I am not near a computer any time soon to incl link unfortunately. I think there is reference to a solution and bottom of the information window when you click on a node.

Yeah, there is a flow in the "Info" for the node, but it doesn't make any sense.. it stores something in "flow.alexa" but doesn't say anything on how to actually leverage it

There was an update pending on the palette, i'll update it and see what happens

** updating to 3.10.0 seems to have fixed things for now... although my faith that this node stays fixed is non existent **

Just out of curiosity - how is your config node auth method set up? Are you using cookies or proxy , are you using an auth file?

I'm wondering in case I run into this same thing - I have not yet :crossed_fingers: .

I will have to investigate as maybe it was just late at night and my mind playing tricks, but I thought I saw the set level in the device page only showing the Level, but the maker requiring both. I hope it was just me misremembering as I would expect the device page to look like your example if the Maker API wants both. Unfortunately I was working with someone via screenshare and it was their device not my own to easily check.

Thanks for the reply.

Thanks for the info,

The red underline indicates a mandatory argument, the black is optional.

1. Yes you can write it directly in the node configuration or dynamically set the argument with the input message

2. with the following API:

http://<hubitat-IP>apps/api/<APP-ID>/devices/<Device-ID>/commands?access_token=<token>

sometime the second argument is optional. We cannot know from the API

3. Not from a known API :frowning:

4. You can read the Feedback about Maker API section of the OP (first bullet point)

5. These nodes depend on Maker API. It depends how they evolve their API :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can you confirm me that proposal solve your request (mainly about when an event is received)

2 Likes

I dont perform TTS with Sonos. I went another route, and use mp3's for my various notifcations. I also just spent all my frequent flyer points and acquired 3 shiny new Sonos speakers, one of which is dedicated to announcements, such as doors opening, windows open, garage door open, people arriving etc.

There is the facility to do TTS with Sonos, I believe, but I prefer the doorbell sounds/beeps, which are more understated when guests are around.

Here is an example flow with an mp3 file notification.

`

Summary

[{"id":"fad03d1a.0dd6f","type":"inject","z":"ddecf646.a493b8","name":"trigger","topic":"","payload":"","payloadType":"date","repeat":"","crontab":"","once":false,"onceDelay":0.1,"x":169,"y":2546,"wires":[["c45e34ec.667348"]]},{"id":"c45e34ec.667348","type":"change","z":"ddecf646.a493b8","name":"play_notification - local file - with volume","rules":[{"t":"set","p":"payload","pt":"msg","to":"play_notification","tot":"str"},{"t":"set","p":"topic","pt":"msg","to":"http://192.168.1.200/door.mp3","tot":"str"},{"t":"set","p":"volume","pt":"msg","to":"20","tot":"str"}],"action":"","property":"","from":"","to":"","reg":false,"x":400,"y":2546,"wires":[["d58e2250.88bd2"]]},{"id":"d58e2250.88bd2","type":"sonos-control-player","z":"ddecf646.a493b8","confignode":"6cadd770.784a18","name":"Sonos - Office","x":681,"y":2564,"wires":[["44937fee.dbd8f"]]},{"id":"44937fee.dbd8f","type":"debug","z":"ddecf646.a493b8","name":"","active":true,"tosidebar":true,"console":false,"tostatus":false,"complete":"true","targetType":"full","x":836,"y":2564,"wires":},{"id":"6cadd770.784a18","type":"sonos-config","z":"","name":"Sonos - Office","serialnum":"B8-E9-37-2F-9C-48:7","ipaddress":"192.168.1.44"}]

`