Node-RED nodes for hubitat

I don't know if the persistence thing has always worked that way, or is new to 1.2... 1.2 made a few other persistence items not work on my systems, too (varidelay stoptimer no longer resumes after a restart either after upgrading to Node-RED 1.2).

If I get a minute I'll spin up a v1.1 container and test.

I guess I am glad I haven't moved to 1.2 yet!

1 Like

Woop woop, it works nicely!

2 Likes

:+1:

Just make 100% sure it works the way you expect after you restart node-red.

Yeah, good point. It says the states are persistent (and I set them to default also) but who knows in reality :weary:

Yup. I can tell you on Node-RED 1.2.2 on my containers that the persistence on that node does not work (even with that option checked).

YMMV though.

EDIT 1 Rolled one of my dev node-red installs to 1.1.3 and same thing is happening (no state persistence after reboot) on the Ultimate Boolean node, so it must be something else on my end.

EDIT 2: FYI Rolling back to 1.1.3 did fix the varidelay stoptimer not restarting issue, though.

I submitted github issues to both authors. We'll see what they say.

1 Like

I noticed HE Mode node doesnt update when using websocket option.

Right, I can reproduce, I'll take a look on it :+1:

1 Like

Fixed in 1.3.3 :wink:

(wait some minutes for availability on NR registry) Now available

3 Likes

Thank you!

I can duplicate the not restarting after the restart in 1.2.2 for stoptimer-variday. Investingating it.

Looks like I've figured it out -- but I need to run it through some testing to make sure I didn't break something else :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No worries! I rolled back to 1.1.3 for now, so no huge hurry on my end.

Side note on the other topic - Ultimate Boolean persistence won't work on any node-red being run in a container as they store the persistence file in the users root folder which is not persistent in (most) docker installs. I put in a feature request to them to put it in the node-red userDir (like @putch smartly did. :+1: ).

A little bit of sidestepping the context of this thread, but for those that lean on NR + HA (and HE depending on your set up):

0.116 HA update introduced all these killer options when listening for events

1 Like

Released stoptimer-varidelay version 0.4.5 to resolve the issue of not properly restarting countdowns after NR restart. Look for it soon in a pallette near you.

7 Likes

Top notch! Thanks @putch !

EDIT: @putch I just tested it, and it works for me in 1.2.2. Thanks a lot for fixing it!

1 Like

Thanks for this palette, I use it all the time!

1 Like

I'm attempting flow that retrieves current Roku active app and feeds into a switch to set VSS. The longer I look the less obvious it becomes...
The payload from Roku:
{"active-app":{"app":["Roku"],"screensaver":[{"_":"City Stroll: Movie Magic","$":{"id":"55545","type":"ssvr","version":"3.0.36"}}]}}

My switch settings..

Any inputs appreciated
TIA

I have a temperature probe that measures the lake water temperature. I am moving off webcore and am struggling to get my automation to work in Node-Red. I want to have the temperature read every morning at 7:30 and the reading sent to me in an email with the message "the lake water temperature is XX". I can't get the email formatted due to my lack of Javascript skills... here is the flow:

this is how I have the mail format (copied):![Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.16.58 PM|690x432]
(upload://A9lnzLx7Chu1KcrlsHgGI7szdfM.png) and this is the way the email comes out: ![Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.17.19 PM|552x192] (upload://7VOCwN55lZrILHdl2E2jp35LtjR.png) and here is the message format.![Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.24.12 PM|612x434].(upload://ggNUxD0WoixHr6flQztJ4UiaoPW.png) Any guidance would be appreciated.

Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.17.19 PM Screen Shot 2020-10-26 at 7.24.12 PM

Is there any way to disable to status text under a device node?
I know it was hard coded and great for all my other devices nodes, but 1 in particular displays the full weather summary and is naturally really long!