Node-RED nodes for hubitat

The worst part about moving all my RM rules to Node-Red is I don't know if the Hubitat updates are slowing my device down anymore.

1 Like

But why does it matter? If your node-red logic is performing, the rest isn't your problem.

They could make RM twice as fast as node-red and I still would not switch back at this point. I really like the layout, multi platform support, and flexibility of node-red flows.

I also like how node-red protects my intellectual property and hard work in the long term by remaining home automation hub agnostic. I've remade all my rules at least 10 times across 6-7 different hubs/systems.... No more!

9 Likes

:point_up: this +1

3 Likes

This and the fact that my pi setup has been the most solid piece of my HA setup. I mean it just works. Always lol. My hub died last year and I did not manage to get a new one setup for a few months. The pi just sat there and waited. No reboot or reinstall. Just got the new hub setup. Changed some ips and my flows from a year before kicked right into action.

When I first started using it with HE not many at all were into it. Now that these awesome hubitat nodes are there it is that much easier.

2 Likes

New version 1.3.0 :tada:

changes

• command: add status text about the current command/arguments configuration
  • device: use global cache shared by all device nodes and only initialize it once by device ID
  • command: throttling requests to prevent errors from Maker API
  • command: update setLevel template to add an example with new syntax: {"hex":"15fe21"}
  • fix websocket error status on partial deployment

Special thank you to @JasonJoel for testing and idea to improve nodes

12 Likes

Beautiful work guys.
Thank you!

1 Like

Agreed, it doesn't matter, but it sucks that even with all of them disabled, my hub is still visibly slow with the latest update. I'll not go back either - it's so nice to have my goodnight routine to actually turn everything off quickly. Guess I get to go back to 2.2.2.129 :frowning:

1 Like

Holy hell!!! I updated and watched in the logs how quick devices initialized on a restart. It usually takes 30-40+ seconds and took less than 10. WOW!! Great update!

EDIT:

I like this more though:

5 Likes

@fblackburn, thank you very much, kind sir!

Might this be a good time to start a new topic? This one is a tad on the long side. :wink:

Obviously with so much having changed 'under the hood' everyone should be especially vigilant in looking for issues like initialization problems, device nodes not updating as expected, or command nodes not working as expected.

That said, it has been working very well for me, so I hope others have the same experience!

Nice job @fblackburn !

3 Likes

I just realized that I now have to go thru all of my command nodes and remove the redundancy of the command in the name of node and in status below node. OCD people don't look!!!!!!!!

4 Likes

Lol. I have been doing that myself actually.

That and spacing nodes further apart vertically so the status text isn't covered.

Question: Is there anyway to set a timeout for "http request" GET?
Seems when it can't connect it takes upwards to a minute before it finally times out.

kinda weird to start a new thread about the same topic :man_shrugging: But I don't think everyone should read all post before asking a question
Maybe should I ask a moderator to remove all not related message :see_no_evil: :laughing:

There's a similar problem in the HubConnect Topic... same rough number of Posts...

I don't control the FIRST post, so I couldn't edit it.. I went to MY first post in the topic and altered it to read:

You have the first post and the 4th, 8th, 9th (plus many others.. ) perhaps you want to augment one of those early posts with something similar. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Woooo! I made my first smart flow! lol

I copied a zwave poller flow from the example and added a hubStatus global variable that I can alter (in theory) from another flow when I am rebooting the hub. Just an added check so that the poller doesn't try polling on an offline hub.

Little steps!

2 Likes

anyone ever seen their files renamed on their Node red setup?
This is after I fixed the filename, but you can see the backup that I didn't fix.

I've never seen that - although I rarely look at the files anyway.

But I have been in there a lot lately, and none of my 3 node-red systems had changed filenames as of last week.

Did you change the Hostname of your Pi? I moved my NR setup from one RPi to another and my file names changed.

1 Like

a long time ago... figures, I had forgotten about that!