Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Is any one having issues with inconsistencies in STATEs between the Node Red server and the Hubitat hub?

I've been having issues where the node red server thinks a certain switch is in the "ON" state but in the HE hub it is actually "OFF" (it is also OFF in reality).

This issue has resulted in some motion lighting flows to not execute properly because in all of my flows I always have it check the current STATE of the switch before deciding to send the command. Hence if the STATE is wrong then the flow wouldnt run correctly.

Spec:
Hubitat C-5
INTEL NUC BXNUC10I5FNH1 (i5-10210U)
INTEL SSD
Micron 16GB Memory
Ubuntu 20.04 LTS
Docker v19.03.12
Node Red v1.1.3

The NUC itself only runs Ubuntu + Docker + Node Red and nothing else.

Also note both HE and NUC are connected directly to the router by CAT6 ethernet cable.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

I haven't been seeing that - at least not regularly enough to notice. I am using the nodes w/the default web hook updating method not web socket.

2 Likes

I am also using the default webhook updating method.

I had a similar issue, and found one of my z-wave switches was not repeating reliably. It was not fun figuring out which one.

ic could u enlighten me on what u had to do to figure it out? i think I may have a similar issue.

Also if you have HE groups you might want to check there - 2 things:

• Group behavior switches can be tricky with "indicate members on/off" or unselected.
  • Sometimes a group can get corrupted if a device changes or is removed causing issues.

Note: I realize this is probably not the cause of your situation but thought I'd mention it anyway having had both of the above issues.

The mode node does not update for me it always shows the state when deployed

Clearly I did something wrong

any help is appreciated

Shouldn't the "server" entry be your HE hub not NR?

1 Like

that is my HE hub

The same IP as your webhook? Webhook entry needs to be your NR server.

1 Like

ok new problem how do I edit that? I get the international no symbol when I hover over field

What browser are you using? How did you get to the config node?

That seems strange - the text field is open for me and I can edit directly.

edit: maybe you have a lingering/hidden popup or something. try hitting the "escape" key? Or close everything down and try again.

deleted it and re-added

and that fixed my issue thanks!

3 Likes

It sucked, Next time I will go buy a z-wave stick for my computer and get the z-way SW or one of the other Z-wave troubleshooters.

But I live on a single story and the issues were on one side of the house, so I started with excluding 1 switch, doing a repair and seeing if I still had issues. If I still had issues, add switch back and move to the next switch. It was one of the switches that was running slow.

Quick question - does this node work if the hub is password enabled? If I use the direct URL to get to the Zigbee routing tables, it takes me to the login screen and once I do that, it will take me to the routing tables.

I don't know of any graceful way to do URL calls to the hub from an external system when user/password security is enabled.

I've been able to do it by creating an Automator app (MacOS) using the curl script (originally created by @aaiyar I think). I'm using that to automatically download a Hubitat backup but I was hoping I could do it using Node-red as that would be more platform independent.

Good deal. I haven't used hub based security in over a year, so I guess I'm not up on all of the options here.

1 Like

The C-7 is helpful in that regard with it's new Routes Column on the ZWave Details page...

It shows the routing, which is not usually human comprehensible, but it also shows the speed.

You can see I have ALL speeds represented... 9.6k, 40k and 100k

What we want is for everything to be 100k, real world is rarely going to be like that. :smiley:

So you'd want to review each speed and determine 1) makes sense.. battery/Zwave not Plus, etc. and 2) if it's used as a router.

If it doesn't make sense, for example the Row that shows as: 01 -> 07 -> 09 -> 08 9.6kbps is a Hank RGBW Bulb and is ZWave+ -- it should run at 100k. It's not, probably due to distance.. It's Node #8 and so for 2) I can see it is not used as a router... yet. So I can ignore it's low speed for now, but keep my eye out for inserting a router near it as I build out my mesh.

I don't want to hijack this thread...

2 Likes

If you cannot edit webhook section, it's because you had enabled the websocket
Screenshot from 2020-08-19 13-37-07

But delete and re-add work too :wink:

1 Like