Node-RED nodes for hubitat

I doubt that anything in the actual payload object should matter, but items at the same "level" as payload should be looked at.

msg.arguments is making it to the command and is set to the outside illum (80000).

1 Like

Ah, I see. Sorry, I didn't see that in your picture of the debug message.

yeah, I didn't get to posting that picture :slight_smile:

so can I easily delete everything that was previous to a change block and put in only what I want?

Sure, you can do whatever you want to the message, including scrap it and make a whole new one (typically one would do that in a function node).

That said, I typically just use a change node and delete msg.command and msg.arguments though.

Thanks! Deleting arguments and command did the trick

3 Likes

Not much activity in this Node Red thread anymore, or any thread tagged Node Red, for that matter.

Node Red just works. It's a fantastic integration with HE, and what I envisaged when I came across from SmartThings. Well done @fblackburn

Node Red and Hubitat FTW.

6 Likes

True. But there are very interesting thing coming in the future versions! Mostly back end stuff, but they have wide ranging implications in terms of optimizing traffic and potentially making nodes more "generic" and configurable.

3 Likes

Heck yes @fblackburn FTW!!!!

I think it comes in waves - there will be a new crop of folks that will discover these forums and things will perk up.

Everyone is having a bit of a C7 hangover right now it seems.

2 Likes

I'm pretty sure the entire province of Quebec takes the entire month of August off, so maybe @fblackburn will have some free time after that. :wink:

1 Like

Hahaha Yes I'll start my vacation next week, maybe I'll have some time when I go to visit the in-laws (like hiding in a corner to code :laughing:) :speak_no_evil:

6 Likes

I've given up trying to get any work done at my Quebec City facility in August. It is impossible to figure out who is in the office versus on vacation. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I'm considering installing homeassistant on top of my RPI4 which has node-red and other raspian add ons . Don't want to re-image my micro SD. Bad idea ?
TIA

Better question to ask in the home assistant forums.

I wouldn't do it, but then again I have a stack of unused rpi too. Lol

Good idea, thanks

Hi all, Sorry if this is covered somewhere but I've been reading posts and tutorials for hours, tried many things and cannot see if this is possible.
Can you pass multiple command/argument combinations into a Hubitat command node? And if so then what's the syntax?

i.e. I want to write multiple values to a thermostat via one command node. I can set the dropdown command to 'setTemperature' and pass in the value via setting the msg.Arguments but I was hoping to avoid the need to create mulitple nodes to write other values like upper setpoint, lower setpoint, etc.

I've tried clearing the dropdown command and using msg.setTemperature.Arguments but that results in an invalid command.

Is this possible or do I need multiple command nodes? Thanks.

1 Like

There is no way to send a command node multiple commands at this time. You have to do it with separate messages/nodes or multiple command nodes.

Easiest way, in my opinion, is to use a function node and write some code to send out each message one after another to the command node (probably with some delay in between). But it could be done with regular change+delay nodes, too.

Ok, thanks for confirming. I'll give that a try.

I often just daisy chain the command nodes with delay nodes in between like this if it is just 2 or 3 (more than that I would likely use a function node and write code):

2 Likes