Node-RED nodes for hubitat

Thanks @aaiyar that works.

1 Like

24 hours since I moved all of my rules over! woo hoo!
Today I cracked the TTS code to get m mixture of SONOS and Google homes to all speak! More work there to make it more bulletproof, but again to @fblackburn. This thing is awesome.

Now, is it worth it to do a slow slog of moving over all my simple automations?

2 Likes

Eh, not necessarily. I moved everything because I wanted it all in one place. But realistically, if it is working and fast enough, then leave it in simple automation. :man_shrugging:

Yeah, I did this mainly because I was not convinced that RM and Chromecast played nice. Don't get me wrong,they both work well, but I know the chromecast would go on problematic sprees.

1 Like

Occasionally i will access my NR via my tablet and make changes. But when i go back to the PC, even after merging changes, i find that some nodes have the blue circle, and no status information under each node.
I need to move a node slightly in order to hit deploy and refresh all my info........Is there a setting that can auto deploy after merging changes?

I'm playing around with Node-Red.

I've noticed it breaks Homebridge when I click on configure webhook. Node-red will work and update my motion sensors states, but homebridge won't see state changes anymore.

If I close out NR, restart HB, restart NR, NR will stop updating state changes for devics and HB will start seeing state changes again.

Is this a known issue?

Iā€™m running both with no issues.
Are you using the same maker app for both or separate maker apps?
Iā€™m using separate maker apps.

2 Likes

Oh, maybe that's why. I can create a new maker app then.

Yep, that fixed it.

Thanks. I didn't think to use two different Maker Apps.

Okay another question for you guys.

How can I evaluate a switch state? I want to check it it's on or off before continuing through the sequence.

Use a Hubitat device node in the flow, then put a switch node right after checking payload.value for the condition you want.

Make sure and set the device node to not send events, so that it only does it when it receives an input msg.

Is this correct? It's not working....

It's supposed to check the pause switch state. If it's OFF it continues the sequence.

It's not showing the blue box under Pause Bathroom Downstairs Light node but make sure that you have "Send Events" unchecked or you will have weird results. Are you getting debug info out of your Debug Node or is sequence not getting there?

Thanks, think that did it. I forgot to specify switch under that node.

2 Likes

So even though I'm using two makers, I'm still having issues with homebridge loosing state changes. Huh...

I'll keep messing around.

Wow something is up with node-red. It took my lutron hub down. WTF? I had to power cycle it.....

Do you have any sequences that are spamming the hubs? I've had that happen to HE.. a circular sequence or overlapping events. Run node-red-log and see if you can see anything?

Or if you want to be super safe about never pounding an end device, add a delay node before the output, put it in rate limit mode (drop intermediate msgs).

Then node-red can never send events to it "super fast". Not as good as fixing the logic properly, but can be added insurance.

I do this in one place that I had a "zwave mesh storm" that I can't explain / figure out root cause on. Not even sure it was caused by the node-red logic at all, but was easy insurance until I think about it some more.

1 Like

Possibly, but i disabled everything but the one I was working on.

I'll come back around and look at this later today or tomorrow... Something is weird.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a node that does "Wait Until"?

Basically, I am looking for something that will block a sequence (perhaps with a timeout) until a particular value is received from a sensor.