Node-RED nodes for hubitat

The makerApi post needs /endpoint added to url.

Node red doesn’t need it.

1 Like

If there are any of you that want to do things in Node-Red or Hubitat based on IOS information, I did a giant writeup in the Node-Red forum on how I was able to get access with 10-20 minute latency out of iCloud about my IOS devices and into MQTT/Node-Red. I will warn, that it is a bit of a novella in length. Here is a link to that:

Having killed the battery of an old IOS device by leaving it constantly connected to the charger (killed as in it no longer will run and will no longer take a charge, though it will helpfully show the the battery is dead, but I am hooked to a charger screen), I now have a node red flow that monitors the battery level of an IOS device that is always hooked to the same charger. That charger is in turned plugged into a controlled outlet. I then have the outlet turn off when charge is >95% and then turn back on when charge is <5%.

3 Likes

This is perfect timing. I want to use an old iPhone for a mini dashboard but want to be able to keep it from being constantly charged to 100%. Siri Shortcuts can do Automations if on iOS 13 but old iPhone is only on 12 so no dice. Time to read a novella!

Hi mate, thanks will give this a try and see. Will make life easier if I can get it working as have a lot on NR. Would be a pain to set up a fresh one.

How would I go about using Node Red to log into the ABB Solar Invertor webpage on my network?

I'm attempting to read the current generation of energy, but i am required to enter a user name on this page. And I've got newb syndrone.

This is the page that loads when I want to scrape something from: http://192.168.1.112/#/dashboard/

After entering user name, and clicking enter, it takes me to the correct page for scraping.

I tried setting user name in the http request node.

Take a look at my post on how to log into Hubitat when username/password is enabled. Hopefully, that will give you some tips on your issue.

2 Likes

Hope this is ok with a question. I have a fibaro keyfob that I would like to use in NodeRed but I do not get it to respond to keystrokes. It works well in rm4 but not NodeRed. Of course I do something wrong, but what am I doing wrong.
What I try to do is that when I press eg square, it should start a playlist that I have in sonos and it works when I run an "inject" so everything works except the press on keyfob

It's kinda hard to know for sure what's wrong without seeing what your NR sequence looks like, but there are 3 things I can think of where you might want to look at first:

1. Do you have other sequences successfully being triggered by other devices? (Indicates that your NR<->Hubitat integration is working correctly or not)

2. I assume your trigger (start of the sequence) is a Hubitat Device node. Make sure that the "Send Events" option is ticked, which ensures that the node sends a message each time that device node sees an event from Hubitat

3. Attach a Debug node to the output of the Device node and observe what happens when you press the keyfob button.

4 Likes

Thanks. It seemed to be Send events that I had missed. I will return if (when) I get stuck again :grinning:

1 Like

In case you missed it among the 3700+ posts in this thread :grin:, when the Send Events box is checked in Settings, the little box under the Device Node is solid but if Send Events box is unchecked, the box under the Device Node isn't filled.

3 Likes

Question for the group - has anyone noticed any unexpected commands to their devices since the last version of these nodes were released?

I am not saying there is a problem with the nodes. But I have been seeing commands being called on my new C-7 hub that I just can't explain, so thought I would ask.

I'm putting in a lot more breadcrumbs in my node-red and Hubitat driver logic to try and figure out what is going on. Is tough, though, as the timing is "seemingly" random.

For instance, for the last week or so every once in a while I get an "off" command in the logs for reasons I don't know. The device isn't used in any hubitat logic, is not part of any groups/scenes, etc. No node-red logic is set to send an off command to that device either though.

I'll figure it out eventually. Just weird.

Thats strange will keep an eye out - am still struggling with getting everything paired and communicating properly on the C-7 - Node-RED is terribly slow right now but it's on the HE side (the C-5 is working).

It is VERY weird. Have been watching it for a week or so as I try to track it down. I'll narrow it down eventually, just takes time.

Reboot both node-red and hubitat this morning, so maybe it will magically go away on its own. :wink:

Haven't noticed any strange behaviors, will pay closer attention...

I will say that I have seen more unspecified errors on command nodes than I ever have in the past. As there is a corresponding error in my hubitat log when it happens, I'm pretty sure that is on the hubitat side though.

1 Like

EDIT: As pointed out below, maybe that is just the /devices call generating all those log entries, not an entire cache rebuild. Probably my mistake.

@fblackburn Found what I consider a serious bug.

With Maker API debug logging turned on, I found that any time you double click on a command or device node in node-red, whether you change anything or not, the complete hubitat global cache gets rebuilt. It happens the second you double click on a command or device node.

This creates tremendous load on the hub as I've seen that when editing a few nodes, it may re-initialize the entire cache a dozen or more times...

Issue submitted on github, too.

2 Likes

Do you mean this showing up in the logs?

The GETs?? 161 and 124 are 2 of my Hubitat hubs.

1 Like

Yes, that's it.

Maybe that is by design, actually. I guess the Maker API debug logs freaked me out a little, though.

How are you getting motion from your amcrest?

Explanation is here:

It's mostly about Eufy Doorbell but I mention Amcrest also. It requires an Android device and Tasker app (~$4.00). It's fast with Amcrest cameras; not so much with Wyze cams.

1 Like