Node-RED nodes for hubitat

I'll give it a try tomorrow!

Do you know what the event is that is generated on the ST side. It is probably just a minor modification of the SmartApp

I wouldn't even know where to start trying to fix it but.

ST Log when button is pushed:

ST Log for the Node Red Webhook

that actually all looks good. Any log output on the NR end?

Can you remind how to do that? I did it a couple of days ago for something else and can't remember what i used in Terminal.

EDIT: Found it. node-red-log. The button presses don't show up in that log. If I enter http://192.168.68.139:1880/smartthings/webhook in a browser, the result is "SmartThings NodeRed is Installed."

Does anything work via the plugin? Here is why, the log output on SmartThings logs the IP and port as Hex string in the log file. The port is show as "0050" in that log output. However, you show 192.168.68.139:1880 as you IP/port for NR so I would expect a log output of "0758". Are you sure you entered the right information in the SmartApp on SmartThings?

In the smartapp, make sure that the URL has the port included....

2 Likes

THAT WAS IT!!! I needed to have port # in the ST SmartApp. Thank you thank you!!!!

The instructions on the website don't show the port incl:

2 Likes

Agree, the instructions could be a bit clearer here

Now that I think about it, I never waited for a sensor to start generating temps for the Ecobee sensors, I was using an inject node to get that info while I was experimenting. Now that the port number is there, the sensors and thermostat should be sending info now on their own.

I am pretty sure the remotes are working quicker now. Thank you again.

Nice catch.

Can some one tell me what i'm doing wrong with this flow as I have big timer setup to come on at sunset and off at sunrise but it turning on one or the other light but not both and it not updated the switch off or on till I re deploy the nodes? I can also click on or off with the inject and the lights either come on or off but doesn't change the device node to off or on it stay on whatever it was until I re deploy the nodes? Thanks

You need a switch node between bigtimer and the command nodes so the on/off commands are routed correctly. Something like this:

The way I did this was to define "on" and "off" in your BigTimer settings. The "On Msg" and "Off Msg" bit (it says MQTT in the defaults which is confusing). Then use a change node and set "msg.command" = "message.payload"...

Not sure if anyone i running node-red in docker on unraid, but i'm having an issue with file path in the alexa2 palette.
I have asked on the unraid forums, but thought i would check here also!
I can log into the alexa service, which indicates a cookie has been generated, but it doesn't save - i assume because of the file path error

I know it has logged in with amazon, as i see a new device in my amazon account

EDIT: actually, for memory @JasonJoel is runing unraid?? Do you use the node-red-contrib-alexa-remote2 palette???

Have you tried something simple for the filepath - like "~/nr_alexacookie"? (without the quotes)

The file path is wanting a "file" the default in there is the top level directory for all nodered data.

You can just add a name for the credential file to the end of that string such as:
/mnt/user/appdata/nodered/alexa.cred

You may want to think through your file directory structure and login to the system and create a new sub directory. Or not :slight_smile:

I havent, but will do

I have added a text file to the directory folder and pointed thd path to the exact file but still get same error

File permissions?

Perhaps, can look into this more
Tho i can access that directory plus other docker directories from othe machines

You should use a relative path. ~ is home directory for that specific Docker instance.

So ~/file-name will work for sure.

~/directory-name/file-name will work as long as you create that directory.

That Docker instance doesn't have the permissions to access the root directory tree - so /mnt/etc/etc isn't working.

The simplest solution is to use a relative path.